Speccy won't Install on Windows 10 Preview for Enterprise

brichard

Hello I'm trying out the new Windows 10 Preview for Enterprise (that became available on Oct 1, 2014). It seems that Speccy (free version) will not install. The Program Compatibility Assistant gives message "This program has compatibility issues" (see the attachment). I even tried using the Compatibility Troubleshooter (in the Downloads folder, right click on the install program spsetup126.exe and select "Troubleshoot compatibility") to no avail. I hope someone has a solution.

post-70677-0-68510500-1412337561_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

No piriform products are supported on non-release (beta, preview etc) software or OS. So support for win 10 will come when win 10 is released next year

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 3 weeks later...

Not working on the latest Win 10 build 9860 though I'm sure it is being looked at :)

• 2 weeks later...

No piriform products are supported on non-release (beta, preview etc) software or OS. So support for win 10 will come when win 10 is released next year

I was rather dissapointed when I found that it did not work on win10 and immeditly searched for an *alternative. I would like to add, win10 is open to the public, anyone can download it. piriform should really look into supporting it before the release date, even if you dont offically support non-release software.

post-68876-0-38921100-1414888819_thumb.png

• Moderators

It would be obvious from this thread that they (likely) are looking into it. It is public and so now they have a copy. What none of the posters here seem to be understanding is that, if a OS goes public beta, the point of it is for developers to fix their products for it...thus they can't just snap their fingers and support it, they have to first finish checking it against the now public build (programming it so it does support 10).

Again it may happen before release of the OS, and in all likelihood will. I have no inside knowledge I'm just using common sense here, it will support Windows 10 when they are ready with it to support.

I assume few (read none) of you "beta testers" are developing a software which interfaces with whatever Windows 10 uses to communicate with hardware; while previous versions of Windows use WMI, I don't know if 10 does but even if it does it may do it in a different way. The point being: I don't know and likely neither do you.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

Was just my $0.02. I agree with you %100, simply adding to a thread to inform piriform there are people waiting to use their software (on win10), no rush or anything. Also My screen cap does includs a specific error, which I assume they are already aware of, if not, now they are.

I assume few (read none) of you "beta testers" are developing a software which interfaces with [..] Windows 10 [..] hardware;

not hardware interaction but I do develop (read: aid in the development of) software that will one day run on windows 10 (which is why I am "beta testing" it), if that counts?

• Moderators

And you expected different based on my now 3 posts in this thread because?

It will not work...done.