CCleaner crashes

JohnBurns

For the second time CCleaner has crashed my pc - I installed the update two days ago and it happened.  Thinking maybe it had been corrected in a revised update, I tried again today and it happened again.  I have used CCleaner for years and really liked it, but this is too much - there is something BAD wrong with it at present.  I am really disappointed but that's it for me.  I just don't have the patience to go thru this each time I try to update.  I now don't trust the program so I have uninstalled it for the last time.  Thankfully I had an image on Macrium Reflect.  My System was completely screwed up as a result of installing CCleaner and I had to restore it to last week image in Macrium.       

• Moderators

I have no idea if this will work, however if you wish to continue using CCleaner I'd say give it a try:

1. Uninstall CCleaner.

2. Reboot/Restart your computer.

3. Download CCleaner from: https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds

What this does is a clean install to remove old settings which could be corrupt.

• Moderators

Before that. What are you doing in ccleaner when the crash occurs (examples but not limited to: launching? Analyzing? cleaning? registry? One of the tools?)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com