New CCleaner build 4.18.4844

hazelnut

As there is still no manual or description for the new Monitoring feature it is difficult to say. Most of the automatic functions need a "Professional" license, so I do not see a benefit for enabling it. But this is just my personal opinion.

Everything is still grayed out after you enable system monitoring in the free version.  No values or settings can be changed.

Capture2.jpg

I believe the following apply's to the Professional version only and should be removed from the Docs for the free version.

Note: When automatic monitoring and cleaning is selected, CCleaner will use the settings in the Cleaner section to clean your PC.

Great! Thank you for the hint.

I believe the following apply's to the Professional version only and should be removed from the Docs for the free version.

I am not sure. Maybe they want to clarify what will be cleaned if you confirm the balloon notification.

Note: When automatic monitoring and cleaning is selected, CCleaner will use the settings in the Cleaner section to clean your PC.

I am not sure. Maybe they want to clarify what will be cleaned if you confirm the balloon notification.

I think your right that their intention is to confirm what settings will be used when clean is selected.

The way it reads now implies that both monitoring and cleaning are automatic.

Maybe it should just be stated that "When clean is selected from balloon notification, CCleaner will use the settings in the Cleaner section to clean your PC".

• Moderators

@Jamin4u

Regarding ''When automatic monitoring and cleaning is selected, CCleaner will use the settings in the Cleaner section to clean your PC''

I have been told that....

''This refers to the cleaning rules set out within the Main cleaner interface. This is valid for all monitoring (Free and Pro) as they both follow those rules to clean''

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

@Jamin4u

Regarding ''When automatic monitoring and cleaning is selected, CCleaner will use the settings in the Cleaner section to clean your PC''

I have been told that....

''This refers to the cleaning rules set out within the Main cleaner interface. This is valid for all monitoring (Free and Pro) as they both follow those rules to clean''

Hi hazel,

Using the same wording to describe the free version implies that cleaning is automatic in the free version.

Maybe it's just me that's seeing it this way.

Thank you

• Moderators

Yes monitor cleaning in free is automatic AFAIK

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I'm unable to install the newest version.  The installer gets about halfway and then I get an error message:  Error opening file for writing: C:\Program Files\CCleaner64.exe Click to Abort to swto the installation, Retry to try again, or Ignore to skip this file." Then there are the three buttons to Abort, Retry or Ignore. I have downloaded this newest version 4 times and every time, I run into this error. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit, Home Edition.

Any ideas? 

I'm unable to install the newest version.  The installer gets about halfway and then I get an error message:  Error opening file for writing: C:\Program Files\CCleaner64.exe Click to Abort to swto the installation, Retry to try again, or Ignore to skip this file." Then there are the three buttons to Abort, Retry or Ignore. I have downloaded this newest version 4 times and every time, I run into this error. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit, Home Edition.

Any ideas? 

make sure that ccleaner is not running in the background

check whether on the tray icon or using task manager

In case anyone missed the posts about it, Piriform quickly released a new build this afternoon as a result of the confusion that the Active System Monitoring caused in the last update.

Active Monitoring can now be disabled by:

1. Open CCleaner, then click Options > Monitoring

2. Disable System Monitoring by unticking the box next to "Enable System Monitoring"

3. Disable Active Monitoring by unticking the box next to "Enable Active Monitoring", and click Yes when the confirmation box appears

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds

I tried all that and it doersn 't work for me. I tried deleting it from the start-up menu and it comes right back. Anyway to DL an earlier version?

• Moderators

In case anyone missed the posts about it, Piriform quickly released a new build this afternoon as a result of the confusion that the Active System Monitoring caused in the last update.

Active Monitoring can now be disabled by:

1. Open CCleaner, then click Options > Monitoring

2. Disable System Monitoring by unticking the box next to "Enable System Monitoring"

3. Disable Active Monitoring by unticking the box next to "Enable Active Monitoring", and click Yes when the confirmation box appears

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds

I tried all that and it doersn 't work for me. I tried deleting it from the start-up menu and it comes right back. Anyway to DL an earlier version?

Uncheck run at startup (settings first page(I think), this is a very old setting)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I installed this build earlier this afternoon.  I cannot uncheck the box for "Enable system monitoring".  Meanwhile, I am receiving an incessant popup in the lower right corner letting me know that "CCleaner is now monitoring my computer . . . .".

I never had any problems with this software until this new build.  Now, I'm going to have to uninstall it until the next build fixes this problem.

post-70657-0-59225100-1412222533_thumb.jpg

post-70657-0-20753000-1412222534_thumb.jpg

@ vernbodeen

I think you have to untick the top box first, then the bottom box, then click yes when the warning appears.  In that order.  :)

That work? 

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

edit: never mind, frivolous question, I deleted it.  Duuhhh.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.