Analysis shows flash cookies but none exist

norel

I tried deleting IE browsing history but it didn't help.

Something's screwey with the way CCleaner handles cookies. I unticked every option in the Windows and Applications tabs, but "s.ytimg.com" still shows in "Cookies on Computer," even if I restart CC and then analyze with Firefox and IE closed. It's a Flash cookie and is getting deleted by Better Privacy, but for some reason CC can't tell it's gone. It's also doing this with other cookies that aren't Flash cookies. They don't show in analysis results, but do show in "Cookies on Computer," but they've already been deleted. I'll keep an eye on it and post again when I have something to demonstrate my point. 

I'm using CC 4.17.4808. Tested on XP and Vista and it does the same thing in both.

• Moderators

Are you letting CCleaner delete the Flash Player settings.sol file by having the Flash Player cleaner enabled? If not, and if you don't have any sites such as online games that you need to keep Flash settings retained in deleting it may help.

• Moderators

Flash isn't checked on the second tab of ccleaner (applications tab)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 1 month later...

The bug is that it's not deleting IE cookies. I go manually into IE which I do not use and delete the cookies and they disappear from CCleaner.  CCleaner is not deleting the IE cookies is what it comes down to.. it's broken for IE cookies.

• Moderators
The bug is that it's not deleting IE cookies. I go manually into IE which I do not use and delete the cookies and they disappear from CCleaner.  CCleaner is not deleting the IE cookies is what it comes down to.. it's broken for IE cookies.

Your issue is different, the original poster clearly show known flash cookies. You will need to start your own thread

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com