CCleaner Registry Cleaner suddenly wants to "fix" about 60 application path problems

LL7

I've used CCleaner for a long time, but recently when I used the registry cleaner it gave me a list of about 60 application path problems it suggests I fix. I've had few registry problems in the past, so this seems quite unusual and raised red flags with me as some of the paths are to programs I use.  Is it possible some undetected malware has affected my CCleaner? Is there a way this can be fixed?  I already tried uninstalling and installing a new version.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer as I like this program and would like to continue using it.

I've used CCleaner for a long time, but recently when I used the registry cleaner it gave me a list of about 60 application path problems it suggests I fix. I've had few registry problems in the past, so this seems quite unusual and raised red flags with me as some of the paths are to programs I use.  Is it possible some undetected malware has affected my CCleaner? Is there a way this can be fixed?  I already tried uninstalling and installing a new version.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer as I like this program and would like to continue using it.

This has been happening to me also. I have seen it more when I use the Windows 8 or 8.1 machines.

Good question, WHY is this happening.

Is it possible some undetected malware has affected my CCleaner?

It's highly unlikely that malware could be the cause of the problem.

Seeing you brought it up, what malware and antivirus do you use ?

Can you post a screenshot of the registry entries and provide the name of the software being affected ?

Every line of code written by man can be undone by man

"A loser in the real world is still a loser in the net!" - .hack//SIGN

Getting old is inevitable,  growing up is optional !!

• Moderators

I would do a reboot and scan again to see if the problem automatically fixes itself.

After installing Windows Updates/Microsoft Updates CCleaner's registry cleaner will sometimes flag something new; usually .NET Framework and Microsoft Office.

• Moderators

from a high-level view, the Registry Cleaner looks at entries in the Registry then compares them to the file system and shows you the discrepancies.

it would be reasonable to expect that it will find some of these in paths of current folders as it looks at things, for example, like Application Paths Issues or Missing Shared DLL which  can simply be the effect of a download or software update.

but with all things Registry, play with it at your peril. 9/10 all will go well, but there is always the chance of it not.

plus, just leaving them there isn't going to hurt either.

another thing, registry cleaning in my opinion, should be like doing a Defrag, only done very infrequently.  there's just no benefit in doing it any more than that unless you are really anal about keeping your system 'just so'.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

Hi read my signature for good advice on the registry cleaner

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com