In a first ever...CCleaner surrenders before an adamant Iobit Uninstaller!

Hello Folks!

Iobit Uninstaller came as an "Uninvited" Guest, & that too in a surreptitious manner when "Advanced System Care Ultimate" Edition was installed last week!

Now both, the inbuilt Win 8 Uninstaller as well as 'our revered' CCleaner were not able to invoke its Uninstaller screen in spite of making a Multiple attempts!

You would be surprised to note, that even my SuperAntispyware also listed the same as an Unwanted Software during the beginning course to a Full System scan, & asked me for approval for its immediate removal. Upon consent, the scanning went as Usual with Clear Results. Yet, IO Uninstaller remains here to stay..!

Any Ideas for such an audacious Hijack? Should I get rid of this entire Bundled Package?

• Moderators

This doesn't really have anything to do with CCleaner.

If you want rid of it, uninstall the whole package.

Go to one of the Malware Removal Forums listed here in item 10 if you stlll have problems uninstalling your 'uninvited' program.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showannouncement=15&f=4

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Ccleaner only envokes the same uninstall process as windows so the results will always be the same between the two methods.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Ccleaner only envokes the same uninstall process as windows

CCleaner has always in my past experience never been able to initiate an uninstall when it came from an MSI package. For MSI packages it has always caused Windows Installer ("msiexec.exe") to complain about ccleaner.exe running, and that it must be closed to continue the uninstall.

• Moderators

Lol I just tell it ignore

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

Hello again!

This is to Update...that though I have removed the "Advanced System Care Ultimate" + "Surfing Protection" (that came as a Bundled Package), yet, attempts to get rid of IOBit Uninstaller have remained futile!

Therefore, it continues to say on in spite of making the main package removed from the list of installer programs.

Do I need to seek help from some Anti-Malware forums, OR, try out "System Ninja" instead?

• Moderators

Have you looked on the Iobit website for a removal tool/uninstaller for it, don't know if they have one or not but that's were I'd look first.

Edited by Andavari

Ok Andavari, I'll do so....But, shouldn't the CCleaner be able to effectively "Smoke out" such stealth Software out of their Holes!?

I remember President Bush calling on such a phrase during declaring the War on Afghanistan in the Year 2001 :-)

• Moderators

OkBut, shouldn't the CCleaner be able to effectively "Smoke out" such stealth Software out of their Holes!? 
Not sure what you mean, ccleaner isn't really a security software in that manner.

Ok Andavari, I'll do so....But, shouldn't the CCleaner be able to effectively "Smoke out" such stealth Software out of their Holes!?

You are asking for CCleaner to assume excessive authority.

If it conformed to you wishes then Windows would be powerless to prevent CCleaner from destroying the integrity of the Operating System.

• Moderators

But, shouldn't the CCleaner be able to effectively "Smoke out" such stealth Software out of their Holes!?

That's one reason to track installations.

I know the Realteck network drivers I installed for my new NIC card have no uninstaller, there's nothing in Windows Add/Remove, nothing in CCleaner, and nothing in my go-to tool for uninstalling Revo Uninstaller - but I tracked the installation with Total Uninstall which in that case is my only avenue of removal.