Ghosts or Imagination ?

Kas

The modern human brain is Schizophrenic, being capable of astonishing and miraculous abilities in creating man-made marvels whilst on the other hand believing passionately in what can only be described as Fairy Stories. It is incredible to see such split intelligence taking place in abundance all around us regardless of extreme educational and scientific standards.

Consequently, the tendency of humans to immediately conclude on specific occasions that something supernatural must be present, is entirely due to our hereditary and genetically inbred inclination to believe in "ghosts".

So the fictional mind-conceived concept of Ghosts, the Supernatural and the Paranormal is borne. Subjects in which a vast army of humans solidly believe and some even devote their entire working lives to, with total commitment.

Everything that happens in a terrestrial or extra-terrestrial sense has a perfectly logical scientific explanation. Many of these events are currently not understood, in which case they are simply "unexplained" and must NOT put down to  some Alien or Supernatural activity as was the practice of our pre-historic ancestors.

I have given my views and now await your views. Hopefully we will each respect each others.

Supernatural or Super-Fictional ?  Ghosts, Goblins or too much Whiskey ? What is your opinion ?

Footnote :-

I am a 100% scientifically educated and thus indoctrinated believer with no exceptions, but when the lady next door once told me that a Knight in shining armor and riding a White Horse had galloped down her garden the previous night and went straight through her bottom garden fence, I nearly fell over laughing. Gotta be too much Whiskey I thought.

But when I looked down her garden and saw a horse shaped hole in her fence, my scientific doctrine crumbled a bit.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - "I will  either find a way or make one"

• Moderators

Buh?

Edit (expanding upon the above buh as to not be offensive to your views)

I absolutely have no clue what this thread is. I wonder if you, Kas, may have too much time on your hands or maybe hang out in many different forum lounges and copy paste your subjects and posts.

That said, as you in the past pointed out to me, this is the lounge, so as long as nothing offends other members or strays from a conservative family friendly manner i've nothing to offer.

But this thread's purpose is confusing to me. ALSO the human brain is not schizophrenic; that is a VERY SERIOUS disorder and the word should not be flippantly used like you have. without getting into personal details, or even editting out the reference, as I am prone to do in posts like this, I'll just ask that in the future think over your word choice a bit more.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

How the hell can you keep up with the myriad of topics you create?

@ also Nergal

In answer to your question - I have no problem whatsoever in being a versatile thinker. I did hope that my contributions would inspire discussion and interest in THE LOUNGE, but obviously I am wasting my time if the staff say things like you have just done.

I resent both of your distasteful comments for trying to create interesting discussion topics and request that you cancel my account with the Forum immediately. If I do ever decide to pop in now and again, then I will do it as a Guest where I will not be subject to somewhat juvenile ridicule by senior staff members.

Best wishes and Good - bye

Kas

• Moderators

I recall a wise old sage recently stating Why can we not all just get along?

:D

But seriously, I doubt if @Andavari meant any malice by his statement, just a matter of fact that you are a proficient topic creator @Kas.

And if you read enough of @Nergal's comments you'd know he is just... (how do I say this politely) ...blunt.

He calls a spade, a spade.  And there's nothing wrong with that.

I think we all know the limitations of communicating in the written form.  How it was written can be lost in translation upon reading.

@Kas, an account cannot be deleted (weird I know) but a user can be banned.  It would be a shame to not continue your interactions with this forum and its members solely based on one incident.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

I recall a wise old sage recently stating Why can we not all just get along?

:D

But seriously, I doubt if @Andavari meant any malice by his statement, just a matter of fact that you are a proficient topic creator @Kas.

And if you read enough of @Nergal's comments you'd know he is just... (how do I say this politely) ...blunt.

He calls a spade, a spade.  And there's nothing wrong with that.

I think we all know the limitations of communicating in the written form.  How it was written can be lost in translation upon reading.

@Kas, an account cannot be deleted (weird I know) but a user can be banned.  It would be a shame to not continue your interactions with this forum and its members solely based on one incident.

My dear MTA,

The only reason I have read your extremely kind, understanding and I must say touching post is that for some unknown paranormal presence I appear to get logged on automatically.

Nergal has at least something in common with me, I also call a spade a spade. You remember that rule from elementary Physics? Like poles repel and unlike poles attract. Seems to conform.

It was my sole intention to provide The Lounge with a variety of interesting subjects with which to play with. I do have a versatile mind and can discuss almost anything from Astronomy to the demise of the Dinosaurs. However, I do not appreciate such comments when all I am doing is enhancing the scope of discussion.

I  repeat - many thanks for your kind  words.

Kas

PS - As my account cannot be cancelled, I will at least for a while give the Forum a prolonged rest. If you  do see me logged in, then it is that ghostly presence which has done it, not me.

• Moderators

Gosh Kas, I'm getting all gooey inside.  (what is this strange feeling)

Do stick around, I've only been here just shy of 2 years and have found it a great source of information sharing.

Just don't be surprised, and harden yourself up, for when it happens again, cause as sure as your bum points to the ground, it will happen again.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

Gosh Kas, I'm getting all gooey inside.  (what is this strange feeling)

Do stick around, I've only been here just shy of 2 years and have found it a great source of information sharing.

Just don't be surprised, and harden yourself up, for when it happens again, cause as sure as your bum points to the ground, it will happen again.

Thanks again my favorite Aussie, or should I say -

Mr.3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937510 - that`s enough. But I reckon I`ll take a breather.

My bum has always mostly pointed to the ground and I have bruised it many times, but I don`t like it used as a football.

Bye for now friend

Kas

I feel about as welcome as a turd in a swimming pool at present.

• Moderators

Was I too blunt and to the point, it was a mere question without any intention to be offensive.

You'll find many characters on an open forum, some can be mellow whereas others can be abrasive you just need to learn who's who -- it doesn't mean anyone is against you or doesn't like you.

On the topic of calling a spade, a spade

I wonder if you, Kas, may have too much time on your hands or maybe hang out in many different forum lounges and copy paste your subjects and posts.

Sometimes I am thinking the exact same thing.....

@ also Nergal

In answer to your question - I have no problem whatsoever in being a versatile thinker. I did hope that my contributions would inspire discussion and interest in THE LOUNGE, but obviously I am wasting my time if the staff say things like you have just done.

I resent both of your distasteful comments for trying to create interesting discussion topics and request that you cancel my account with the Forum immediately. If I do ever decide to pop in now and again, then I will do it as a Guest where I will not be subject to somewhat juvenile ridicule by senior staff members.

Best wishes and Good - bye

Kas

You may have no problem being a versatile thinker but some others may, case in point your Sky dive post. In to days world one must be a versatile thinker just to stay ahead in life. But there are limits one has to consider namely the audience you are addressing or interacting with.

PS - As my account cannot be cancelled, I will at least for a while give the Forum a prolonged rest. If you  do see me logged in, then it is that ghostly presence which has done it, not me.

Remember to uncheck the "Remember me" check box on the log in page, clear your temp files and cache then you will not log in by accident.

Back to the topic.

All depend on your religion if you belief in ghosts or not.

NOTE: the above is the only thing I will say about religion, I will not go in any argument regarding religion.

Every line of code written by man can be undone by man

"A loser in the real world is still a loser in the net!" - .hack//SIGN

Getting old is inevitable,  growing up is optional !!

Was I too blunt and to the point, it was a mere question without any intention to be offensive.

You'll find many characters on an open forum, some can be mellow whereas others can be abrasive you just need to learn who's who -- it doesn't mean anyone is against you or doesn't like you.

I sincerely thank you for that Andavari. 

You see after all that getting your name wrong, I  finally got it right, thanks to your  explanation.

No it`s nothing about being naive and a bit of a sherbet, I have rubbed shoulders with the best and worst of them in my long career, from top brass to trench diggers, from Professors to students, from hard nuts to soft nuts and have roughed it in the Army. I have had a superb education and a professional career in engineering and management statistical work involving company marketing strategy  etc., mostly computer orientated.

So it hurts a bit when somebody makes fun of any serious subjects I chose to write about. I  expect an intelligent response to an intelligent subject. Added to that, I am not focused into a specific educational channel, my progressive accumulation of knowledge has intentionally been concentrated on subject versatility.

As I have already said to my Aussie friend, with such adverse comments being made about my efforts to generate some interest and variety into The Lounge, entirely for the pleasure of readers and posters alike, I feel as welcome here as a turd in a swimming pool.

Whatever you may feel about my prolific generation of subjects, if you care to check the viewing figures, they all seem highly popular, even those you have prematurely locked at birth.

No hard feelings Andavari and I depart hopefully as a friend.

Kas

Edited by Augeas
As we're all reaching some sort of rapport, let's not spoil the mood.

@Kas

I consider ......

Edited by Augeas
Sorry to chop your post, Alan, in the interest of harmony, and it was in response to a now-deleted section of Kas's post.