Is it Normal, or a Sign of a Malware?

saurabhdua

Hello There!

On scouring through the list of "Start-up Items" in my Windows 8 PC-64 Bit PC, Iam a bit apprehensive about the 3 instances/entries showing up under the Launchy Start-up Item!

I wish to ask if this is Normal, or probably indicates a hint of a prevalent Malware!? 

Please refer to the screenshot to have a better understanding of the issue. Help in this regard will be sincerely appreciated.

post-69563-0-79992900-1402926253_thumb.png

Iam quite frequent with AntiMalware scans, especially the ones from- Malwarebytes AntiMalware & Super Antispyware, & those didn't find anything ever!

But, Iam trying to understand that what does No. 3 signify in context to the Launchy's Start-up Item? Are there any familiar, or not so familiar Software entities too that hosts Multiple instances/dependencies for the respective Start-up Items?

I have seen any before this occasion!

• Moderators

if you remove Launchy, do the startup entries go?  (use MSCONFIG or CCleaner)

if so, they are Launchy related.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

Hello mta, Do you mean that if I remove launchy altogether, or just the associated Start-up Item? In both cases, there'll be no trace of it, Iam sure. Moreover, CCleaner is never able to portray any dependencies of a specific Start-up Item!

• Moderators

If your original concern was whether those 3 programs you found were good or bad, and since there was little first hand experience amongst the members of the Launchy program, my thoughts were that if you removed Launchy and they all disappear, you know they were there only because of Launchy.

Of course the next question is did you install Launchy and do you use it?

How that is answered determines whether or not Launchy is removed.

As to CC not showing dependencies, that's always been the case, just like it is with MSCONFIG or if done via RegEdit.

You are stopping (or deleting) a program from running at start-up, it's not like a Service where MS records dependencies between system components and services.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

Launchy is the much revered application for me since the days of Windows XP. It is of even greater worth in context to my current Win 8 version as the same goes deprived of the Start Button & the respective Menu.  Hence, it has been "Voluntarily" installed by me. MSCONFIG>>Task Manager>>Start-up Items do depict its Resource Usage as HIGH, & so of 'Greenshot' ::Screenshot Capture Utility, as well!

I think..let me try & make a transition to 'Find & Run Robot'  from the Volunteers of Donationcoder.com....Probably that boasts of a low resource usage in comparison to Launchy.

Nevertheless, Many Thanks for your Time & effort:-)