Angered

I've had my Toshiba laptop for two years. Used CCleaner on this laptop and previous one I had for 10 years. The ONE time I update (don't always do right away, nor do I want to) CCleaner without paying attention (I shouldn't have to - it should be going directly to Piriform since update pops-up before cleaning) to site it's directing me to, I pick-up Trovia malware. I assume I've gotten rid of Trovia as I removed via uninstall programs and reset home pages on Firefox/IE. I still have lots of certification issues on Firefox, You Tube videos won't load, Google Map shows, but Earth doesn't work (black screen). Explorer (which I never use) works better, however, when just clicking a video on You Tube, the video screen (not my laptop) is black. I'm techno trapped and have know interest or time in learning a foreign language - so, simple 1,2,3 instructions will suffice if anyone can help. Otherwise, I guess I have to pay someone a third of what this laptop cost me to fix what is probably a fairly simple issue for I.T. experienced folks.

Thanks in advance for any assistance that may be provided - Tony

(Title Edited by @Nergal )

• Moderators

Scroll down to #10 in this list and choose a site/forum that specializes in malware removal. You'll need to follow their instructions and run the programs they recommend to properly disinfect your computer.

What website did you download the CCleaner installer from? If it was by chance FileHippo, look at this topic.

First, make sure that your plugins in firefox are not set to "ask to activate"

http://i.imgur.com/OzIqXY4.png

Per forum rules, members are not allowed to assist with malware removal (but I think adwcleaner should reset your firefox issues such as the new-tab/home page)