Recuva with Chrome, Firefox and IE

Jin123

Yes, I ran Recuva while using IE and Bing, and almost all browsing/search result items were present in scan results thumbnails.  Later, again, some of Firefox I could identify as well but nothing like IE.  I recently added Chrome as a secondary browser and did a Bing image search to see what would be stored.  Almost nothing was present in thumbnails that could be identified in preview as it was using the other browsers, especially IE.  Is there a reason for this?  

• Moderators

What are you trying to recover?, your browser session, history, tabs, forms, cookies..... ?

Or is this simply a test of Recuva explore it's possibilities?

Give all your versions: Recuva, IE, Chrome, FF, OS?

How is each browser setup: remember or delete history at exit for example, or private mode etc.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

What are you trying to recover?, your browser session, history, tabs, forms, cookies..... ?

Or is this simply a test of Recuva explore it's possibilities?

Give all your versions: Recuva, IE, Chrome, FF, OS?

How is each browser setup: remember or delete history at exit for example, or private mode etc.

1) Original use was for a file.  After I noticed something I started experimenting.

2) Recuva, IE, Chrome and FF, all updated to current versions for use with XP.

3)Browser setup is always private for all, filters enabled, etc.  Before closing final tab all history is deleted.

I also used CCleaner as well as Recuva's file overwrite to see what remained after overwrite and after wiping the free space 3 times/7 times (MFT, ADS, cluster tips, etc., checked).   It appeared as if one needed to use both tools for better free space overwrite (also, this is with using Eraser and a Gutmann method wipe of the original files).  Also to note, the drive wipes were completed with no browser/windows activity during the checks.  Has any of this been specifically adressed previously?