Defraggler won't do a complete defrag

2mg

Hi,

Defraggler won't defrag past 26% drive fragmentation, it's a simple HDD storage drive, it's not being read or written upon or anything while Defraggler is running, I have stopped VSS and I have unticked "Use custom fragmentation settings" since I don't have hibernation nor restore files/services turned on.

Please see picture, it starts at 75% and goes to 100% and leaves disk fragmented at 26%.

http://imgur.com/xmeoJGM

PS: If i tick "Use custom fragmentation settings" it says that disk is 0% fragmented, but the image is the same with red defragmented blocks?

What is going on??

Hi,

Defraggler won't defrag past 26% drive fragmentation, it's a simple HDD storage drive, it's not being read or written upon or anything while Defraggler is running, I have stopped VSS and I have unticked "Use custom fragmentation settings" since I don't have hibernation nor restore files/services turned on.

Please see picture, it starts at 75% and goes to 100% and leaves disk fragmented at 26%.

http://imgur.com/xmeoJGM

PS: If i tick "Use custom fragmentation settings" it says that disk is 0% fragmented, but the image is the same with red defragmented blocks?

What is going on??

Solved it!

Apparently when I stopped VSS (or Defraggler did even though I manually disable that service) there was a huge file of 100gb left in System Volume Information folder, and I wasn't the owner of those files so neither I nor Defraggler could delete/move them. Turning on VSS and manually deleteing all restore points cleaned it up. I should have clicked on the red blocks in Defraggler earlier to see what files were unmoveable :(