Jump to content
CCleaner Community Forums

Adblock removed after every use of Ccleaner


Trashmush

Recommended Posts

Hello, 

 

Whenever I use the Ccleaner program my adblock on google Chrome gets removed and I have to manually re-install it. 
 

I have tried several adblockers from the chrome shop and each and every one of them is removed after using Ccleaner.

 

Some info: 

Windows 7 starter, 32 bit SP1

Google Chrome  33.0.1750.154 m

Currently using: AdBlock 2.6.26

Ccleaner v4.05.4250

 

Any info on how to prevent this from happening would be very welcome! I rather nog re-install my extentions every time I cleaned up my PC.

 

Thank you!
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You should try the latest version of CCleaner which is v4.12.4657 (25 Mar 2014).

Do you use Winapp2.ini file?

I do not believe I do as I have no idea what that is. 

However on this particular netbook (asus eee pc) I am using a free version, and upgrading means

I will have to purchase the program (again). I rather keep free software on this one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you've an option under chrome called HTML5 storage, please try unticking it. You must update your CCleaner to a more recent version (remember, CCleaner is free! and if you've paid for it, the updates for that are free for a year) because Chrome 32 changed some stuff around and older versions of CCleaner break newer versions of Chrome.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...