Scan for Issues......Issues

I have had this problem for the past several versions of CCleaner.

I scan for issues. It finds a bunch. I fix selected. I then rescan and find exactly the same long list of issues. Repeat process.

For some reason CCleaner is finding issues but not fixing them.

What's up??

:huh::huh::huh:

It is possible that you are using a program which is recreating those issues. For example, some program could be using a file with an extension that CCleaner keeps finding and removing, and as soon as you run the program, it adds that extension to the registry again.

Could you post your issues, or at least some of them? That may give us an idea of what program is making them.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

I don't know, lokoike, I've had that problem before. I've noticed, however, that every time I run it, the number gets less and less each time. So I usually have to run it 5-8 times in order to completely clean out all the issues that have been found.

I don't know, lokoike, I've had that problem before. I've noticed, however, that every time I run it, the number gets less and less each time. So I usually have to run it 5-8 times in order to completely clean out all the issues that have been found.

Same here, but it's only happened twice. Maybe I uninstalled whatever was causing the problem??

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

That is possible too. Perhaps when you clean out certain issues, CCleaner realizes that some issues related to those issues are junk as well.

But I have also dealt with registry junk being created due to using certain programs.

It is also possible that it is a combination of the two. When it comes to your registry, the possiblities are endless!

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

I also had this problem, and it turned out to be a permissions problem in the registry. I used regestry editor to re-establish permissions for the affected keys with a different user account, and it solved the problem.

I have had this problem for the past several versions of CCleaner.

I scan for issues. It finds a bunch. I fix selected. I then rescan and find exactly the same long list of issues. Repeat process.

For some reason CCleaner is finding issues but not fixing them.

What's up??

:huh::huh::huh: