Forum issue.

DennisD

• Moderators

For the last couple of days I've been finding it quite difficult to move around the forum.

With Opera, it shows all but the final element loading, and then it sticks on that element for an age.

With Firefox, it's just the "Waiting for Piriform" message.

Anyone else having similar problems?

• Moderators

Actually, whilst waiting for that last sticky whatever to load, I've scrolled down the page and it does appear sometimes to be the "Quick Reply" window which is causing the problem.

I've had occasion when that has been hanging and hanging, and then failed to load at all, and I've had to refresh the page to get other than an empty white space.

Regarding the Hosts File, with there being recent updates and a change to the MVPS hosts file, I've had the Hosts disabled so it isn't that.

Regarding my ISP, this is the only place where I have a page loading issue.

Ah well, thanks for your input chaps.

EDIT: I reboot my router at least once a week because it can freeze completely. It doesn't freeze every week, but a regular re-boot isn't a bad thing.

Just throwing in my 2 cents...no issues here using Chrome.  :)

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

• Moderators

It may be a case of your forum profile being a bit on the corrupt side Dennis :)

Joking aside, you did have issues a while back where you were a bit corrupt (forum wise) didn't you?

I say this because it seems to be an issue about the way your profile deals with the quick reply button you said. How did you come to that conclusion?

I guess you have cleaned out all cookies and caches from within browsers.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

My 2 cents: 

No problem win xp ie8, no problems Opera Mini on Blackberry phone. 

Totally retro, dude.  :P

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

I reboot my router at least once a week because it can freeze completely. It doesn't freeze every week, but a regular re-boot isn't a bad thing.

My ISP said to reboot the modem once per week to auto-cure any issues. I only wish the thing could automatically reboot itself once per week (or day) when it detects it hasn't been in use for a set amount of minutes.

OK, its what I get for making flippant remarks. 

Immediately after post #9 above, this old win xp computer refused to see any USB drive or stick, would not connect to the net, took a loooong time (5 minutes, maybe) to shut down. 

After a series of highly technical diagnostic procedures (2 restarts :P ) I had to go to a higher tech level (reset the modem and router). 

Now all is OK, USB stuff works, net connect works, shutdown is back to normal speed. 

Have no idea what that was about.   

Edit: 

Dennis, I have noticed that to edit a post it is now necessary to "Use Full Editor".  Was not necessary before, could just click "Edit" and change it. 

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

I think I've found a possible reason.

I made a joke in Derek's St Patricks Day topic. Just a mild one, didn't mean to offend, but the forum is biting back.   :(

Apologies to everyone, even the forum gremlins.

• Moderators

It may be a case of your forum profile being a bit on the corrupt side Dennis :)

Yep, hence the joke.

I say this because it seems to be an issue about the way your profile deals with the quick reply button you said. How did you come to that conclusion?

I guess you have cleaned out all cookies and caches from within browsers.

Sometimes the hanging is definitely the "Quick Reply" box because at times none of this loads ...

post-8751-0-94196100-1395437923_thumb.jpg

No box outline, and no buttons. Just a white space with nothing to click in.