Tools Startup

seventh

I had this happen in CCleaner. In Tools Startup Firefox, extentions and plugins are listed twice and all were listed as enabled. They are not all enabled. I disabled the duplicates but then I lost one extention and had to reinstall it.CCleaner is not in sync with the actual settings in Firefox. It seems useless to use this part of CCleaner. Does anyone know why this happens or if there is a fix?

This a on Gateway LT40 Windows 7 Starter.

I can't use system restore, it says "Windows has detected file system corruption You must check the disk for errors before it can be restored." I have run disk check and still have the error mesage. That is another thing I am searching for a solution. I found json files for addons and extentions but I haven't tried anything with them, they are dated 02/20/2014. I have a Firefox backup but it is from December 26 so I guess I would loose a few bookmarks but nothing too important If that is the problem.

• Moderators

I can confirm the listing of things more than once in Firefox. I use Firefox Portable and CCleaner does list Microsoft DRM twice, showing both disabled exactly as I have the one disabled in Firefox Portable.

Screenshot (click for full-size image):

291dd41343b2.png

Edited by Andavari

• Moderators
I can confirm the listing of things more than once in Firefox. I use Firefox Portable and CCleaner does list Microsoft DRM twice, showing both disabled exactly as I have the one disabled in Firefox Portable.

Screenshot (click for full-size image):

It looks like there may be columns past "program" are there?

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Ok I've repaired C: drive but I don't think I need a System Restore. Firefox correctly lists active addons and extentions. CCleaner looks like the two screenshots I have attached. I guess I just don't need to refer to CCleaner I'll just look in Firefox Addons to see what is enabled.

post-68869-0-12702800-1393017675_thumb.jpg

post-68869-0-00647000-1393017686_thumb.jpg

Do you have multiple builds of firefox installed? I've seen this behavior with multiple builds of Chrome installed.

Also, do you have an extensions.json file in your profile folder? It's located in %AppData%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\(profile identifier just click through)\ If you do, is there also an extensions.sqlite?

If so, try deleting extensions.sqlite