Right-Click Menu Editor

Mel2

Look in: Tools > Startup > Context Menu

It allows you to: Enable, Disable, Delete

Thanks, I knew about that one but it just isn't very complete. More customization would be great, especially if you can have options for editing the context menu in Chrome, Firefox, on different file types, etc. Being able to rearrange options, as well as choosing to remove different options for the same program (like Winrar) instead of disabling them all, etc. are more of what I'm referring to.

• Moderators

personally, I wouldn't want CC to be the swiss-army knife of utility programs.

but that decision has nothing to do with what I want. :)

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

Freely admit I may have the wrong end of the stick, but I though Nirsoft didn't have the best of names and should be avoided if possible.

I seem to recall it being hotly discussed here in a thread about 1 year ago but that may just have been in relation to that member and his usage rather than the software provided by Nirsoft. :blink:

@mta...I've used a couple of those Nirsoft apps, they were fast & light & good. 

Limited experience, to be sure, but no problems here. 

If you're interested in a particular one, I'll try it on this xp machine with Powershadow running and report back.  :)

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

I though Nirsoft didn't have the best of names and should be avoided if possible.

I posted them because Mel2 seemed in need of something CCleaner doesn't currently do, and since those linked Nirsoft tools aren't a competitor against CCleaner.

You don't need to fear Nirsoft tools, allot of antivirus' used to trigger a false positive against Nirsoft due to UPX compression which was why I used to always remove the UPX compression to stop over zealous antivirus' falsely triggering (used to always have to do the same with GPL audio codecs I use until they stopped using UPX). However; now Nirsoft releases have digital signatures while still being UPX compressed and many antivirus' that used to trigger on them as some "hacking, PUP" tool or whatever they deemed his software no longer happens.

I've used his software for many years without any infections, etc., it's just what they can do such as all the shell editing tools where a user has to be careful and do what I suggested which is make a registry backup before playing with them to easily undo any user self-inflicted changes/damage if someone doesn't fully understand what they're doing.

• Moderators

Thanks, my concerns have been alleviated.:)