Sandboxie aquired by Invincia

hazelnut

Yeah...just saw this myself over at the Sandboxie forum.  Then came over here to let you guys know about it, but hazelnut beat me to the punch.

I copied this from the Invincia article:

"Sandboxie fans have no need to be concerned by its new ownership. You’ve been running under the Invincea umbrella for some time now..."

I dunno.  Maybe it's just been my own bad fortune, but seldom have I had an experience where a "new ownership" situation turns out to be better.

Well, I felt a disturbance in the force.  :o

I bought the license when you didn't really have to just because the software is so good.

Even now Sandboxie is one of those apps that is worth more than the asking price.

There are still unanswered questions about the future of Sandboxie, but this (also from the linked page) is encouraging:

"First, Sandboxie is a great product that individuals can download for free and get immediate

protection on their own machines – it has been and will remain this way."

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

It's usually never a good thing for the life expectancy, free-ness, or price of a software when it's bought out, the new owner usually f's it up in a major way - the now discontinued Winamp being a current prime example of just that. Hopefully the developer profited in a big way for all his work.

• Moderators

http://www.sandboxie.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=97094#97094

In about six weeks, I will depart from Sandboxie. By that time, Invincea will introduce itself to this community, and will be able to maintain continuity with Sandboxie. There may be some changes, but please rest assured that there is little cause for concern.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

tzuk posted this morning that in about 6 weeks he will be departing Sandboxie.  Sorry to see this happen.  He was tempermental at times in some of his posts, but he was very devoted to his product and constantly kept it updated.

I've been using Sandboxie for several years now not only for browsing protection, but also to test new software.  For those of us here who are Sandboxie users, we'll have to see how this plays out with Invincia.  If they continue to support Sandboxie as we know it, then that will be good.  If not, then I'll probably be picking your brains regarding alternatives...like Virtualbox?

Edit:  Darn it hazelnut!!  There you go again...beating me to the punch! :rolleyes:

• Moderators

I have a lifetime license and was pleased to see it will be honoured apparently. We'll have to just wait and see I guess as to which direction Sandboxie will be taken by the new owners.

Sandboxie has always been one of the first things I install on any of my families machines. So versatile.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Tzuk deserves to be well paid, hope he was. 

It comes to mind that whatever curve balls microsoft threw, tzuk always managed to make Sandboxie work. 

That must have been a brain bender. 

Based on scant information, the new owners seem to have the ability to do that also. . . sure hope they will. 

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.