Suggestions...

Creeker

these suggestions come to my mind:

1. a checkbox for removing system restore points? :ph34r:

2. if user select the "automatically clean computer on boot" option, CCleaner will place a system tray icon. the icon will have a similar context menu like the context menu for the recycle bin.

3. remove mru files for all visual studio applications instead of just visual basic?

4. how about photoshop recent open doc. since CCleaner already support paint shop pro?

5. how about registry defragment? :D

6a. user can update the *.ini file by just clicking the "check for update now..." link?

6b. CCleaner will connnect to the server and check for update. a window will pop up (not launching web browser) and alert user whether is there a new update. if a new update is available, user can save the new update version (similar to powerarchiver updating system).

7. when the program is downloaded and first excuted, CCleaner will prompt the user to specific a directory that CCleaner will backup the registry keys. user can choose to create or use a existing folder, or do it later. then in CCleaner itself, user can change the directory.

8. together with point 7, CCleaner will be able to allow user to choose and delete the registry backups.

9. add a exclusion list for the registry keys for CCleaner to ignore?

10. cleaning for all users in the computer (prefer with admin privilege)?

actually i not really sure if these suggestions are they too much or are they even possible... is just that they pop up in and out o fmy mind (maybe i think too much? :lol: ).

--==aGumon==--

Maybe Office Setup Files (as in Disk Cleanup in Windows)

I don't know if I got your last reply to my question. I am learning how to program the CCleaner to do most things. I have stopped cleaning some of my start up programs so to not take my passwords and ID's out. That helps. I have discovered that Yahoo is not so bad and have downloaded the messenger on it. I am going to quit using MSN messenger and switch over to Yahoo. I have even got the Microphone in it and can talk to whom ever has it also. I am thrilled about it.

Thank you all so much for your help for this ole gal. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for a great program.

My suggestions.

1. Alphabetize Start menu & favorites menu (like Supercleaner( http://www.southbaypc.com ).

2. An option not to delete all files it find during a search, just to see how much space I can recover(like Supercleaner( http://www.southbaypc.com ).

3. An automatic update/patch function, similar like 'FMA ( http://fma.sourceforge.net ).

4. A simple systemmenu with information about the system, freespace, regfile size......

Good luck

Thanks for a great program.

My suggestions.

1. Alphabetize Start menu & favorites menu (like Supercleaner( http://www.southbaypc.com ).

2. An option not to delete all files it find during a search, just to see how much space I can recover(like Supercleaner( http://www.southbaypc.com ).

3. An automatic update/patch function, similar like 'FMA ( http://fma.sourceforge.net ).

4. A simple systemmenu with information about the system, freespace, regfile size......

Good luck

Thank you all. You have all been so good to try and help me. I do appreciate your concern and attempts to teach me.

I do not ever delete anything on my crapcleaner line up. All I ever do is fix it and if it comes up delete this key, I do as it says. I have unchecked all of the start ups on the menu. It is working pretty well now. I sure do like the program. :D Thank you so much.

God Bless, janeapris

i know it will be a bit strange of me asking a startup manager... :( but i think if CCleaner can have a startup manager, it will be good... it may be due to the msconfig may be a bit difficult to manage... i dont know... :unsure:

--==aGumon==--

Hey all,

I think a good idea would be the ability to run CCleaner from a removable drive (like a USB data key) without having to actually install it on the PC. That way if you need to run it on multiple PC's just put the key in and run it from there.

Maybe if it needs to save settings across pcs create a folder in the CCleaner directory that is named with the PC's network name (which would usually be unique or random) and all the settings can be stored in some .ini files in there, rather than any that need storing in the registry.

Just my little suggestion :)

qbie

• 4 weeks later...

A good idea for a self-updete would be to check the latest #YYYYMMDDHHMISS on the site server. If the YYYYMMDDHHMISS is a higher number it will prompt to download the new version.

For those who don't know, YYYYMMDDHH24MISS means:

YYYY - Four digit yearMM - Two digit monthDD - Two digit dayHH - Two digit 24-hourMI - Two digit minuteSS - Two digit second

Hi

A timer would be nice.  My computer is always on thus I have to run CCleaner manually.  I do have it set to run on startup but as it is always on it never runs.

Thanks for a fantastic program.

Andrew

You actually can just make it a "Scheduled Task". Go to the Control Panel, Scheduled Tasks, and you can set it up there. :)

I'd love to see a securing/zeroing of free space option, much like file shredding. Also that option when deleting/cleaning the files would be awesome as well.

I'd like to see these enhancements to the Custom Folders feature:

1. The ability to specify that the folder itself should be deleted (in addition to the files in the folder).

2. The ability to include/exclude a particular file pattern when cleaning a folder. For example, delete just *.idx and *.dat files.

3. The ability to speficy whether to include subfolders when doing any of the above.

Peter

Hey all,

I think a good idea would be the ability to run CCleaner from a removable drive (like a USB data key) without having to actually install it on the PC. That way if you need to run it on multiple PC's just put the key in and run it from there.

Maybe if it needs to save settings across pcs create a folder in the CCleaner directory that is named with the PC's network name (which would usually be unique or random) and all the settings can be stored in some .ini files in there, rather than any that need storing in the registry.

Just my little suggestion :)

qbie

CCleaner so small that it probably wouldn't be too much trouble to copy the setup, install, then delete if necessary

• 2 weeks later...

First off, I just wanted to say thanks for the great program. Hard to believe that it's FREE!

I'd love to see a securing/zeroing of free space option, much like file shredding.  Also that option when deleting/cleaning the files would be awesome as well.

I agree with Tarun on this. When ever I need to delete sensitive material I use Webroot's Windows Washer because it uses DOD522.22-m overwrite protection recommended by the US military. It also has the option of setting the number of times the material is overwritten. If my computer is ever stolen I like knowing that my bank account passwords and other such items are safe.

Hey,

Can you please make CC remember the Tools window size and location on screen.

Also can you get rid of the horizontal scroll bar when it's not needed on the Tools window.

Also, under the Startup tab on Tools can you please allowing sorting by clicking on the sort title. That is by:

Key, Program, and File

Thanks,

Will

• Moderators

Well I do have a suggestion. This wouldn't be too hard for you to do, since you already have most of it programmed anyways. In Tools, create a new tab called "Registry Backup" where you can create a full backup of the registry or restore a full backup of the registry. Have the date and even the time as the registry backup file name.

Just create a new folder in the CCleaner directory called reg backup or something. It would come in handle for alot of people and it would be a great addition to CCleaner.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key

Hi I think CCleaner is very impressive. :D

I Have one suggestion. Could you please add a little display that shows how much space is left on the disk that is being cleaned and also add a refresh button that can be used to show how much space is left after it has been cleaned. ;)

Thanks.

fantastic program :)

i have just installed the google desktop utility and started index...

but after deleting files such as web history, etc... i still find them in google desktop. ?can delete indexing of this utility (google desktop) ??

bye