CCleaner stops Chrome auto-logon

bbinnard

I'm, running CCleaner 4.08.4428 (64 bit) and Chrome Version 32.0.1700.41 beta-m Aura. Normally Chrome auto-logs on when I start it. but with this latest update, if I run CCleaner first, Chrome requires a manual logon. 

I'm not sure if this is a problem with Chrome or with CCleaner; I've tried tweaking CCleaner's settings for Chrome but nothing seems to help the problem. Obviously something changed with Chrome's latest Beta, but I can't tell what it is.

• Moderators

Ccleaner doesn't support cleaning beta products (especially browsers). The developers would need time to consider the changes, logic would assume.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I have the exact same issue, and I am definitely not using a beta version of Chrome. My version number is the same as bbinnard's, except there's no "beta" in it.

I did a little experimentation and discovered that the issue only occurs if "Internet History" (under Applications > Google Chrome) is checked. Running CCleaner with that box checked logs me out of Chrome; when I restart the browser, Chrome complains that it can't find my settings. Logging back in puts everything back to normal.

This is really just an inconvenience, as it's just a matter of logging in manually, but it's weird that it just started happening this week.

Edit: I just discovered that this is being addressed in another thread. Sorry about that!