Add remove program in Control Panel will not populate on CCleaner ver. 4.07& 4.08

FearlessFred78

Since update in CCleaner 4.07 and recently 4.08 I can not populate the Add /remove programs in the control Panel. My OS iWindows XP sp3. I could go and unistall programs using CCleaner features and it apears my OS accepts new and improves updates regardless the above condition. CCleaner is very valuable to me to keep my desktop from excessive baggage

Would certainly apprecite any support on this regard

Since update in CCleaner 4.07 and recently 4.08 I can not populate the Add /remove programs in the control Panel.

Working good for me. (Upped CC to 4.08 on Nov 28, installed a new program on Nov 29, and it's on the list.)

Try a clean reinstall.

CCleaner 4.08, Win7 x64

• Moderators

Does Add/Remove Programs have very large areas of black or white? If so it's a known issue in XP. Microsoft has a "Fix-it" for the large white areas, but it won't help with the large black areas.

Some time ago I made a winapp2.ini cleaner for CCleaner to deal with it (to learn about winapp2.ini see here), but don't know if it will work for you or not:

[XP ARPCache*]
LangSecRef=3025
DetectOS=|5.1
Detect=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
Default=False
Warning=This cleans the Add/Remove Programs cache and may fix very large areas of black gaps in it. Using this will cause Add/Remove Programs to take a very long time to load since it will have to rebuild the cache.
RegKey1=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Management\ARPCache
Edited by Andavari