Task Manager/Start Up

LuLu

I wasn't sure where to put this so I apologize if this is the wrong section. I had to go into my Task Manager/Start Up tab to make sure some malicious software wasn't loading at start up since I'd ended up with a few bad bugs the other night. I ran Malware Bytes, Super Anti-Spyware and Avast and all looks good. But I have this thing listed in my Start Up tab in the Task Manager that says NA. Now, I'm not sure how long it's been there since I never went into the Task Manager before this (I've only had this laptop a few months) so it may be something old for all I know. But my question is, how safe do you think it is to disable this NA thing from running at Start Up? I mean, if it were something absolutely required it would be listed as something other than NA, correct?

Screenshot_196.jpg

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

Good to see you back, Lulu.  :D

If it was me, i would be safe rather than sorry and get it checked out. 

There is a list of online malware helper forums to be found here: 

http://www.malwarehelp.org/recommended-online-forums-for-malware.html

They are free, as far as I know.  BleepingComputer has a good reputation.  Afaik those are all OK. 

As recently as a couple of days ago the old "Spyware Hell" forum existed here, but it just had some referral links, and was no longer active as a removal forum.

Not sure if you had been here since it was closed.  I wish it was still there. 

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

Hello LuLu

The publisher should be listed for this item in Startup. If none is listed, right click the item and select "Properties", this will give you a better idea of what application it's associated with and what it's function is. Don't be afraid to disable it, since these are applications that start with Windows but have no effect on Windows itself. It will not disappear from the Startup menu, it will remain there and be listed as disabled. At the worst, if you find out it's something important to you, all you have to do is go back into Startup an re-enable the item.

Start every day with a smile and get it over with. - W.C. Fields

Thanks for getting back to me, y'all!

I'll check out the link you posted, login, but I'm pretty sure my system is clean. Every scan I've done comes back perfect now. But it can't hurt to do a few others just to be absolutely sure. :D Sad to see Spyware Hell is gone. It was a great resource.

Derek, I can't even click on "properties". All that's available are "disable" and "search online", and of course the latter produces no results. <_< After I double check the cleanliness of my system I will try disabling it should it still be there. Thanks!

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

• Moderators

You show on your desktop icons for 2 anti virus apps...avast and Norton Internet Security.

Are they both running? I ask because Norton would be in your task manager list about the place the n/a is.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com