Am i possibly losing internet connection by running CCleaner?

misfitdevil99

Hello, first of all, i would like to apologize in advance for my complete ignorance in regards to such matters of which i am about to ask. That said, I believe CCleaner to be extremely well designed and love it so much i tell everyone i know to use it (and to donate as well) :D My question is, i'm trying to eliminate possible causes for me losing internet connection. I run Windows XP, have DSL through Verizon, and am using Netgear wireless router Model # WGR614v5. Sometimes, (still haven't pinpointed what leads to this) when i go to log on to the internet (using Windows Explorer, Mozilla, Net Scape, or even try to play Xbox live on my TV) i can't get a connection. This happens sometimes when i start the computer, and has happend after i logged off the internet then tried to log back on. Restarting my modem doesn't fix the problem, but restarting my Netgear wireless router does.

Hmm, so i was just wondering could CCleaner be cleaning something to do with this? Is it cleaning something to do with the wireless router? The only custom folder i've entered to clean is:

C:\Documents and Settings\MisfitDevil99\Local Settings\Temp\

Thanks for your help, and sorry if i'm WAY off base with this.

• Moderators

I have no ideal if CCleaner would be the cause of it. It will require investigation on your part to pinpoint what is causing it, such as not running CCleaner for a couple of days to see if it really is CCleaner causing it or not.

Does you wireless router use drivers? If so you may want to look for an updated version, or browse the knowledge base to see if there's any already known problems.