Defraggler window does not minimize when running now

The new edition of defraggler has a bug in that it doesn't minimize either the status window or the main window on the new update like before. It saves me time if I can minimize the window and either start another program or browser. It used to do that and now you have to force whatever (browser or program) from the icon tray until it has finished deragging the checked items-As I analyze it then simply check all then start Defrag checked and then minimize it and let it run. Please fix this bug. THANKS! :wub:

Confirmed here. The fault exists in 2.16.809 and did not exist in 2.15.742 or any previous version.

This is with Windows 7 x64 SP1.

Having installed 2.16 and experienced the fault, I installed an older version (thanks FileHippo for keeping older versions!) and normal service has been resumed.

It seems that the progress box that appears in the middle of the screen is now modal and does not allow any other controls (eg minimise/maximise window button or tabs for changing between Drive, File List, Search, Drive Map, Health) to be clicked on once defragging has begun, whereas this was possible with earlier versions.

It is frustrating not to be able to minimise the window to an icon or to be able to start a File defrag and then check the progress on the Drive tab of the number of files remaining to be defragged.

• Moderators

not confirmed.

win8.1 pro x64

df v2.16.809 (64bit)

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

How weird: two of us are experiencing the symptom and two of us aren't. I've just installed it on another Win 7 SP1 64-bit PC and that is experiencing the same fault with the latest version but not with any earlier ones. I don't have a Windows 8 PC to try it on. When I get chance I'll dig out my Windows XP PC and try on that. Thank goodness for being able to roll back to an earlier version.

In case it's relevant, both my Windows 7 PCs are Home Premium. They both have AVG 2014 (free) installed and running. They are both running the free (not Pro) version of Defraggler.

It's only a problem if you do a file defrag (File tab, select one/many/all tick boxes, Defrag Checked button) and not if you do a disk defrag (Disk tab, Defrag button) because only in the former case does the "Defrag progress" box appear. For older versions, this box has a grey (unselected, non-focus) stripe whereas for V2.16.809 the "Defrag progress" dialogue box always has a blue (selected, focus) strip which flashes if I try to select the minimise/maxmimise window-control buttons or any of the tabs such as Disk, Health etc.

If Piriform need any further info on PC setup in case it's a strange interaction with something else, let me know.

This is confirmed in 2.16.809:

- 32-bit on XP Pro

- 64-bit on Windows 7 Home

- 64-bit on Windows 7 Pro

In addition, "Defrag progress" popup dialog is modal which prohibits switching tabs and is also triggering this behavior.

I missed this one and have created another bug report here: http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=39694

The previous version didn't have any of these issues.

• Moderators

It's only a problem if you do a file defrag (File tab, select one/many/all tick boxes, Defrag Checked button) and not if you do a disk defrag (Disk tab, Defrag button)

My mistake(I think the 1st post wasn't exactly specific enough), but you are right.

I can confirm it, as quoted, if doing a file defrag and not a drive defrag.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

I doubt any members here would know, even Moderators are just members (with extra powers relating only to the forum), and as such have no direct link to the Dev Team.

All you can be sure of is these posts are read by them, what they do and when they do it, obviously would be up to them.

Like the rest of us, we simply wait for the next release and see what it brings... :)

I doubt any members here would know, even Moderators are just members (with extra powers relating only to the forum), and as such have no direct link to the Dev Team.

All you can be sure of is these posts are read by them, what they do and when they do it, obviously would be up to them.

Like the rest of us, we simply wait for the next release and see what it brings... :)

Ah, I'd fallen into the trap of assuming that the moderators were Piriform staff who had access to the bug-reporting and -monitoring system that the dev team used. Maybe I'm used to forums such as the one for VideoRedo where bugs usually prompt a quick reponse by a staff member and often a new version, fixing the bug, within a day or so if it's a straighforward bug.

Anyway, let's see what the next build brings, maybe after the Christmas break.