I.E. 10 quirky after Patch Tuesday (10/8)

Derek891

Anyone besides me having problems using I.E. 10? I've had a problem with loading web pages, and it began on Tuesday. I'll enter a web address, like www.abc123.com, have the page load, then get no response when I try to scroll or click on a link. After several seconds, I get the message "abc123.com is not responding" displayed on the bottom of the browser window, along with a button marked "recover webpage". Sometimes the recovery works, and sometimes I receive a message to close the browser.

This is something new to me, I've never had it occur prior to Tuesday. I know an update to I.E. 10 was a part of the patch, and I know my version number has changed - 10.0.9200.16721 vs. 10.0.9200.16688. Any ideas what to do? Or is it yet another problem I must learn to live with?

Edit: I was just at Microsoft's website looking for more info and yet another problem with several of their webpages: "Microsoft.com is not responding due to a long running script" along with the button "stop script"! It appears that die wunderkinder at Microsoft have fixed one problem and created several more in the process. I'm glad I have Pale Moon and the Tor browser to use while they sort this out.

Start every day with a smile and get it over with. - W.C. Fields

Thank you Hazelnut. I'll try that and cross my fingers. ^_^

• Moderators

Some other things to try:

* Reboot your computer if you don't often do that.

* Reboot your modem (Cable or DSL) -or- unplug it and plug it back in.

* Try an Internet speedtest http://www.speedtest.net/.

* You can also call your ISP who can check your settings to see if there's a network problem. If you use CenturyLink ("Qwest") in the U.S. you can ask them to switch Hubs which an alleviate congestion.

• Moderators

Also try flushing the dns cache

In cmd line (admin privilege)

ipconfig /flushdns

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

@Andavari

Thanks for your reply. I was having trouble keeping my eyes open last night, so I waited until today to get back to you. -_- zzz

1.) I probably reboot 2-3 times a day, so I doubt that's a factor.

2.) I did reset my Wi-Fi modem this morning, I'll keep that in mind if I have future problems.

3.) My upload/download speeds seem normal, I tried 4 different locations on speakeasy.net/speedtest.

4.) About 3-4 weeks ago, Verizon assigned me a new I.P. address, and when I contacted them I was informed that I had been assigned to a new node (their terminology for "hub" I presume?) due to problems/complaints from customers in my area. It did improve my upload/download speeds slightly.

@Nergal

Thanks for your reply. Followed your instructions, and I have one question. If I have "DNS Cache" enabled (checked) in "System" under the Windows tab in CCleaner, then I'm doing the same thing? (y/n)?

• Moderators

Yes

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com