Speccy doesn't get disks correctly

jonnyPara

Hi, I'm new here. I've looked around a bit to see if I could get into an existing discussion, but I couldn't find the right one.

I run a Windows Home Server ("Classical"), which is based on Windows 2003 Server, 32-bit: ASUS P5QPL-AM motherboard, 2 GB memory with three permanent disks 1x Samsung HD103UJ [1TB], main disk, and 2x Samsung HD204UI [2TB each], data disks. All SATA. Additionally, I have two backup disks, one Samsung HD154UI [1.5TB] and a Samsung HD204WI [2TB], which I use for off-site backup, at the bank. I swap the backup disks every week.

Lately, I have some problems with the main disk, spilt into a C partition (20 Gb) and the remainder as D partition. According to the Home Server SMART monitor, I have 4 Pending Bad Sectors that don't seem to relocate, which, according to the documentation, they should do. This weekend, I started getting CRC errors on the backup disks, after I reconnected the drive to the server (power-down, power-up). They seem to be related to wear and tear of cables and connectors.

However, the data about the data disks in Speccy don't correcspond at all to the actual disks. Only the main disk and the backup disks are thougt to be SATA, both data disks are said to be ATA, and instead of 2TB, the data disks are thought to have 'model capacity' 200 GB, with 'real size' 0 bytes... Additionally, Speccy reports that S.M.A.R.T. is 'not supported'. I assume the Data Disks aren't properly recognised.

Would you want any additional information, such that you can recognise the disks more fully? Let me know if you would want more info!

John