Deleted email...

Youngbear

My motherboard blew - system 6 years old - so, bought new one. Had to reload Ccleaner. I used to have a way of telling the program to automatically clean my "Deleted" box, but I have forgotten what that was. I remember putting something in the "included" box so that the program would just clean it out along with everything else - that was with Windows Mail. Now I am using Win. 7 and Windows Live Mail. Anyone remember how I do this/did this? I appreciate your time and trouble.

Thanks!

YB

The folder/file structure of Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail (WLM) are different. I use Windows Live Mail but would consider using CCleaner to empty my "Deleted" box a little risky, if I got it wrong. The folder structure may also be different depending on the OS you are using. I am running WLM on WinXP Pro SP3.

I have always used WLM's own option setting to empty the "Deleted" folder every time I close WLM.

Tools-->Options-->Advanced tab-->Maintenance button and check the first box labeled Empty messages from the 'Deleted Items' folder on exit.

Win10 Pro x64 Desktop (Speccy) - Win10 Pro x64 Laptop (Speccy)

Thank you! I was under the impression that Ccleaner does a more thorough job than my emptying the box myself or with the mail program's setting. Perhaps I was mistaken and never really needed to do it through Ccleaner to begin with. I appreciate your info - again, thanks!