Help! Ccleaner messed up my D: drive!

I dowloaded the ccleaner, ran it, and now my CD-ROM drive won't read any of my CD's and in My Computer there is no D: drive! What happened? I get an error whenever I try to run a CD: "Cannot locate the CD-ROM" "Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart the application." Grrr.... :angry::angry:

Edit: The CD drive hums away and the light blinks when I close it, so it's not dead. Also, I have a Dell Inspiron 1100.

I dowloaded the ccleaner, ran it, and now my CD-ROM drive won't read any of my CD's and in My Computer there is no D: drive! What happened? I get an error whenever I try to run a CD: "Cannot locate the CD-ROM" "Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart the application." Grrr.... :angry::angry:

Read this thread. Then...

http://forum.ccleaner.com/index.php?showtopic=3058

Also go to Administrative Tools > Event Viewer > and locate your Error code to better troubleshoot the registry key that is probably causing your problem.

K

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Read this thread. Then...

http://forum.ccleaner.com/index.php?showtopic=3058

Also go to Administrative Tools > Event Viewer > and locate your Error code to better troubleshoot the registry key that is probably causing your problem.

K

Thanks for the link!

I have fixed my problem.

All I did was follow this advice given by 'Glenn'.

My CD-ROM drive works perfectly and my computer is running better thanks to ccleaner. :)B)

"Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the drives? All you have to do is right-click My Computer, click Properties, click the Hardware Tab, and then click Device Manager. Once you've opened the Device Manager, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, and uninstal each drive by right-clicking it and selecting Uninstal. After removing both, restart Windows (you could also just choose to scan for harware changes, but restarting is more effective, since it also resets your processes). Windows should automatically reinstall the drives."