Set Locations being Deleted in V4.04.4197 (64 Bit)

johnoo

Within the options section I have set up for two cookies to be maintained.

These are Google Map & BBC Weather, in both I have my Post Code (Zip Code) set.

But after running cleaner both locations are deleted.

What am I doing wrong?

I am using Windows 7 IE 10

Thanks in advance for help

Hello Johnoo. Someone had a similar problem recently, read this thread first and see if it's any help to you. If not, post back, we'll take it from there.

Start every day with a smile and get it over with. - W.C. Fields

Hello Johnoo. Someone had a similar problem recently, read this thread first and see if it's any help to you. If not, post back, we'll take it from there.

Thanks for the reply.

Have looked through the link but don't think it helps to much

1 I do not use Norton, I use AVG & that does not get rid of Cookies.

2 I have also looked at the settings in IE 10:-

Tools/ I.Net Options/Browsing History is not checked

also

Tools/Delete Browsing history/Preserve Favorite Website data is checked as is "Cookies & Website data"

Also I have not run CCleaner this last week & have not had any deletions so the problem points IMHO to my usage/setting of CC

Hope you can help me solve

I'm now totally confused about this.

I've moved over to Ccleaner 4.05, which I believe does not delete “well used” cookies.

I have also checked the listing on Ccleaner of cookies not to be deleted & the items that I want to maintain are on this listing.

So tonight I ran CC & then closed down.

Later I restarted the computer to find again that the locations I wanted to keep on Google maps & BBC weather have been deleted.

Last week when I did not run CC the locations were not deleted.

But could it be something within IE 10 is causing the problem?

My problem is I do not know what to change in IE & also if it is IE that is causing the problem why did it not occur last week?

Tonight I am going to shutdown without running CC & see what happens on start up tomorrow.

But if viewers have any ideas to solve this problem please post

Reporting back

Last night I shutdown but did not run CC

Started up this morning to find that locations set had been maintained.

Hence I think it is a problem with CCleaner

I repeat that I am now using V 4.05 which stores much used cookies, but I have also checked the "keep list" & the BBC & Google cookies are in this.

So where do I go from here?

Been told of by Moderator for opening new topic, but this still happens with Version 4.05

Data as follows:-

Yesterday I ran CCleaner, looked afterwards at 3 locations I had set, Zip/Post code for Google Map & BBC weather, & all were maintained.

I then shutdown computer & then started up again.

The locations set were still there

Saturday night

Ran CC & shutdown

Sunday morning

Started up computer, all locations had been deleted

Why? & why was it OK on the Saturday?

• Moderators

I'm wondering if IE 10 has something to do with it, such as; You may need to untick a couple of it's Temporary Internet Files cleaners - especially important if you have it configured to automatically clean Temporary Internet Files when you close it - see screenshot here.

In CCleaner you need to configure which Cookies to Keep:

1. First get those cookies on your computer by visiting those websites.

2. Open CCleaner and go into: Options -> Cookies, then move over what you need to keep using the -> button.

If you're still not having any luck I'd recommend trying out a portable web browser which doesn't need installed, that way you could find out if it's something IE related or not. You can get several different portable web browsers at: http://portableapps.com/apps/internet

Edited by Andavari

Andavari,

Thanks for the reply & advise.

I'm away for a few days so will try on my return, please don't think that I have just left the forum!

Will report back in a few days

PS I think, may be wrong on this, that version 4.05 automatically retains "well used" cookies, but just in case it does not I have ensured that they are in the "keep" side

Last night I went into IE/Tools/Delete Browsing History/Unchecked Preserve Favourites & Cookies boxes.

Ran C Cleaner

Turned computer off

This morning switched on

The locations I wanted to keep are again deleted

Checked on CC & "Cookies to Keep" include the ones I want locations to be maintained.

I'm now lost!

Help please!

• Moderators
I've moved over to Ccleaner 4.05, which I believe does not delete “well used” cookies.

As far as I know CC does not keep any cookies unless they are in the Keep list.

You could shut your browser, run CC so that all cookies are deleted (except those in the keep list), open IE and set your post codes, then look at the cookie list in CC. Are there any cookies not in the keep list?

There are also Flash cookies, so right click and analyse Adobe Flash Player in CC.

As far as I know CC does not keep any cookies unless they are in the Keep list.

You could shut your browser, run CC so that all cookies are deleted (except those in the keep list), open IE and set your post codes, then look at the cookie list in CC. Are there any cookies not in the keep list?

There are also Flash cookies, so right click and analyse Adobe Flash Player in CC.

Did as you suggested above,

I did not have to reset Post codes as they were not deleted.

Looked at CC there were not any Cookies not on the keep list.

To give further information, last night at closedown I unchecked from Tools/Delete Browsing history/Cookies.

At start up this morning the Post code locations had been deleted.

To night I am going into Tools/Delete Browsing History/ & will uncheck "Preserve website favourite data" & see what happens at next switch on

Over the last few days I have been conducting tests in the hope of curing the problem of locations that I need to keep being deleted.

I have gone into Tools/Delete Browsing history & have unchecked one at a time :- Preserve Favourite website data/Temporary Internet file/Cookies.

I have then run Ccleaner, noting after each run that there were no “Cookies to Delete” & “Cookies to keep” were the ones I had set.

On the next start up after each trial the locations I wished to keep have been deleted.

As a last trial I ensured that all of the parameters in Tools/Delete Browsing history were checked

I then shut-down without running Ccleaner

On the next start up the locations I wished to keep have been maintained.

Has anybody any suggestions/advise on how to clear this problem?

Something I have just realised that may help somebody to give me an idea on how to clear this problem.

If I run CC & then look at the sites where I want locations to be maintained I find that they have been maintained.

Example my Post code for BBC weather is still set.

I then shutdown computer

On next start up the Post code has been deleted.

But, when I don't run CC before shutdown on start up the Post code is maintained

Just hope somebody can help solve

• Moderators

@Alan

I keep editing out the large white spaces in the hope the poster will stop doing it.

@johnoo

Please stop filling your posts with empty spaces between your text.

If you need help on how to do this just ask :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Thought the spacing would help, but re posted with no spaces:-

Something I have just realised that may help somebody to give me an idea on how to clear this problem.

If I run CC & then look at the sites where I want locations to be maintained I find that they have been maintained.

Example my Post code for BBC weather is still set.

I then shutdown computer

On next start up the Post code has been deleted.

But, when I don't run CC before shutdown on start up the Post code is maintained

Just hope somebody can help solve

After my last post I started from scratch. I deleted all Cookies with CC, then went into the sites where I wanted to maintain locations & put those cookies into the "Keep" side of CC.

Then on Tuesday night I ran Cc & did a shutdown.

Wednesday morning the locations I had set were maintained.

Wednesday evening again ran CC & shutdown.

Started up this morning & again the locations have been deleted.

Has anybody any idea what the problem is & a solution?