Anyone have any experience with the off brand LCD

slowday444

monitors they sell at Newegg and TigerDirect?

NewEgg is great, BUT DO NOT BUY FROM TIGERDIRECT!!!!! My highschool bought all of our computers from them, and every last one of them ran into hardware failures within months! Also, they got the orders wrong; each of the models were supposed to be identical, with a video card (as opposed to integrated video). Instead, we ended up with one computer that had a video card, one with a sound card, and one with a dial-up modem. It was like they wanted to fill up the PCI slot, but they ran out of video cards! Also, when I opened them up to work on them, inside was the wiring job from Hell!

TD is total crap, and I will never buy from them until the day I die.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

yeah I went from TD to NewEgg, plus, I'm not such a big fan of LCD's

Oh, I love LCDs! I like them because they last longer (although pixels do periodically burn out), they don't get image burn-in like CRTs and plasma, they don't consume as much power as CRTs, and of course, they are smaller and more convenient to take to LAN parties!

Although, if you are a serious hardcore gamer, CRTs do have one advantage over LCDs: refresh rate. Some CRTs can go all the way up to 120 Hz, while LCDs are stuck around 72 Hz (there may be faster ones, but I know they can't go as fast as a CRT). But, since most videocards can't spit out a game at more than 60 or so FPS anyway, that isn't a big deal for the average or even above average user.

ding, ding!

I Agree, so much that the quote above should be in bold text with hallucinogenic colors.

BUT DO NOT BUY FROM TIGERDIRECT!!!!!

How's that? :D

ding, ding!

What are you guys talking about?!? All the posts are in hallucinogenic colors...

Methinks Rochip needs to lay off the roaches!

ding, ding!

roaches....... you mean toads? The refresh rate on my 17 inch flat screen sony trinitron (which I got for $1 at an airport auction) has a refresh rate of 100 hz its beautiful, but has a slight burn in, but i dont really mind it at all.

Well, yeah, toads would be somewhat more effective, but I thought a roach was cool cause it sounds like Rochip. Or maybe he's been eating that fruit from Rundown; you know it makes people's heads look all funky. I always thought it'd be cool to make a smoothie with that stuff...

But yeah, you can't beat a 17" flat screen CRT for a buck!

ding, ding!

I tried the toad thing once. I was licking the toad and due to an unfortunate mishap the toad thought I was French kissing it and it turned into Prince and I said "Whoa, I read in a fairy tale one time that if you kissed a toad it might turn into a Prince but I never believed it!" and then the Prince toad said "WTF? I'll thank you not to call me Prince because I'm the toad formerly known as Prince" and then right after that things started to get a little wierd.