When to Clean?

tommyk

I personally would recommend at shut-down. When you are ready to shut down your computer, it has accumulated lots of temp files, cookies, and app logs from your usage of it during the day. If you have it set to clean before you shut down, then when you start it up again the next day (or whenever) it will already be clean, and it may load a bit faster as well (especially if you've removed any registry or startup entries).

I am curious though, does CCleaner give you the option to run at shut-down? I was under the impression you could only do it at startup. However, I switched back to version 1.26 after some minimal testing with 1.27 Beta, so maybe I missed that new feature.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

I am curious though, does CCleaner give you the option to run at shut-down? I was under the impression you could only do it at startup. However, I switched back to version 1.26 after some minimal testing with 1.27 Beta, so maybe I missed that new feature.

Only the option to run at startup. But it takes 2 seconds to click the shortcut icon on desktop before shutting down.

Why did you switch back to 1.26? Did you have a problem?

K

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Why did you switch back to 1.26? Did you have a problem?

I never use beta registry software, even if it is CCleaner. It isn't that I've had any problems; I just don't want to run into any, that's all.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

I never use beta registry software, even if it is CCleaner. It isn't that I've had any problems; I just don't want to run into any, that's all.

I completely understand. What I've currently been wanting to implicate is making registry backups before any registry cleaning. CCleaner hasn't detected any issues yet for me to test it out on.

K

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)