Just an idea.

Obi-Ron

I was just thinking how it would be nice if CCleaner would automatically clean up when I use a certain program. If you could create a Add / Delete window where a program could be added. And when that program

is closed, CCleaner will auto clean in the background. This way when I close my browser, CCleaner would just clean up without any needed thought about it. This would work good also for chat, Facebook, Etc. Just add the program to the window and CCleaner would run in the background starting and closing without any forethought.

• Moderators

There's virtualization software already available that can do just that as freeware or paid commercial versions. Many people on the forum use Sandboxie, and never have to worry about some web-based attack/infection, etc.

Personally I would hope such a feature would never exist in CCleaner because to me it would make little sense for a cleaning program to have such a feature - but it would be fine if Piriform wanted to make their own standalone virtualization software.

Edited by Andavari

the only way to do this is to run Ccleaner on startup or shutdown for your current session . I do not think andavari understood what you mean - a half decent internet security software will stop web based attacks and has absolutly nothing to do with Ccleaner and what your suggesting , firefox and chrome has this feature built in ( disable cookies / disable history ect.... ) i set mine up to run on shutdown so when i turn the pc on its clean to start with

• Moderators

No andavari got it right. In order for ccleaner to do this it would have to have some pretty deep hooks into your system and be constantly running. No one really wants that. However if you use sandboxie you can sandbox your browser or whatever software you want and when you close it nothing is saved. The added benefit is the security upgrade that sondboxie gives as well.

The only program I really want to clear on exit personally is my browser and all of the main ones already have this option.

it would have to have some pretty deep hooks into your system

Not true. Windows has an API that allows an application to monitor a directory, with virtually zero performance overhead. You could probably build this in under an hour.

Of course, I wholeheartedly agree with your second point:

No one really wants that.

I certainly don't want any program randomly obliterating data while I use my computer. It's a disaster waiting to happen. Sandboxie is a much better option.

I'm Shane.