Windows 8.1

hazelnut

• Moderators

Anyone giving it a try out yet?

I'm running it in a virtual machine at the moment. I quite like Windows 8 anyway so I guess it's not too much of a shock :)

Options are now available so that you can boot to the desktop if you want and turn off 'hot corners' You can also shut down pc from a right click on the start button.

IE 11 is fast and working well.

I'm not much of a metro tile user so not much to say in that department. I was able to sign in using a local user account.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Hazel,

how is the functionality of the Start button?

i've heard it's not the full-blown one we were used to in Win7 & earlier.

it's some sort of 'better than nothing' but not like it was.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

The start button issue has never bothered me mta, there are many ways to do things instead of just relying on one button. Everyone does things differently though and I know the start button is important to many users.

Here are 3 screenshots.

One is what you see when you press the file explorer icon in the taskbar, note that by default 'Computer' is now called 'This PC' (ignore drive sizes as I am in a 50 gig virtual machine)

Another is what you get when you right-click on the start button.

And the last is the changes you can make by right-clicking on the taskbar, selecting properties and then the navigation tab.

post-1555-0-12004800-1373092613_thumb.png

post-1555-0-27327400-1373092666_thumb.png

post-1555-0-64262500-1373092693_thumb.png

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

i agree @hazelnut, it didn't take too long to get used to having no Start button, I simply used the keyboard at lot more.

but sadly, unlike us 'geeks', a lot of mum & dad users are really getting stuck at the lack of start button issue.

teaching old dogs new tricks and all that...

any chance you can show a shot of what Start looks like when just left-clicking on it?

and good to see you put 8.1 Preview in a VM, I read that if you install 8.1 Preview that you then can't install the real version without doing a fresh install.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

You go to the metro screen if you left click on the start button but it is slightly different in that when you click on the arrow to move downscreen, it changes to something like this below.

Everything you have installed appears for you to click on and access. (if you want to access it that way)

post-1555-0-58769100-1373210761_thumb.png

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com

• 4 weeks later...

I havent tried it yet

I do not know, maybe I'll wait until the final version releases...

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

nice from microsoft and mister gates to give us this little thing as update :-)

I hope that the "Glazed Tile" go away - is it right in english? "glazed tile" - Kacheloptik in german

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

to you look at this maybe?

http://www.classicshell.net/

and the startbutton is here again :-) very nice...you can choose between Windows XP, Vista and 7 Style.

http://www.classicshell.net/gallery/Classic-Shell-4/programs

• 2 weeks later...

the navigation in the desktop of Windows 8 is too cumbersome until i can call all my programs or anything ...this little tool makes it easyer, i mean