New version 4.03 DISABLES my SpywareBlaster app protection lists

I have 2 problems "so far" that I've noticed with this new version of

CCleaner, version 4.03.

(1) It wipes clean my cookie EXCEPTIONS list each time I use CCleaner, which is several times daily.

(2) I have an application called "SpywareBlaster" and when new protection lists (about once monthly) get installed, I "enable" full protection for my Firefox, Pale Moon, and IE browsers, etc. I check the SpywareBlaster app daily, just in case new protections arrive and should be dowloaded. Yesterday and today, when I checked my SpywareBlaster for new downloads, my FULL PROTECTION had been DISABLED BY CCLEANER, leaving me without any protection! So my settings here, also, are being wiped clean. Now that I have realized CCleaner is causing that problem, I will need to go back and enable full protection after each use of CCleaner...which is certainly not ideal.

Now I am wondering if the newest CCleaner version is harming anything else I am using on my PC. Those 2 items I listed are the only things so far that I've discovered wrong.

I love CCleaner and I sure hope something very SOON can be done about this problem. I guess I should probably try to download the previous version and use it until a fix for this can be made.

If anyone else is using SpywareBlaster, have you noticed your protection is getting disabled when using CCleaner?

UPDATE...PLEASE NOTE:

HONESTLY, now I am NOT sure if CCleaner has anything at all to do with my problems!

The only thing new I had done recently to my PC or browsers was to download the newest version of CCleaner a couple of days ago, and so when I discovered those 2 problems I now have, I automatically attributed the problems to CCleaner.

HOWEVER...

I'm not so sure any longer! Why? Because I just reverted back to an older version of CCleaner (when everything was still all right) AND I still have the same problems. Therefore, how could it possibly be CCleaner's fault?

I guess I'll wait awhile and see what happens next. I redownloaded my SpywareBlaster app to see if that helps fix that problem...we'll see. Meanwhile, I'll just have to put up with not being able to save "exception" cookies.

If it turns out there is a problem or bug in the new version, sobeit...it will get fixed, I'm sure. I do realize, however, that some other people are having problems with their "exception" list of cookies also disappearing, so maybe there is some sort of bug hanging around...maybe.

All in all, I apologize if I am mistaken in my rush to judgement in accusing CCleaner of being the guilty culprit for my problems. Thank you for allowing me to post here, and I hope we all get our problems fixed. Again, I love CCleaner and thanks for making such a wonderful app! Um...however, I might return for more help or suggestions...we'll see.

Fwiw, long time ago SpywareBlaster had an ongoing conflict with Spybot S&D.

For a couple of years there, they kept messing up each others protection.

Might be worth your while to check the forums for your other security apps to see if there are conflicts with SpywareBlaster.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

Same thing happened to me. I suspected Spybot S&D and AVG AntiVirus 2013 first, but that's not the case. After every CCleaner check, "Protection Enabled" for Firefox was disabled.

Now thanks to hazelnut the problem was cleared. Unchecking CCleaner's "Site Preferences" of Firefox does work! Thank you.

• 3 months later...

Wow! It's been 5 months since my problem has continued as I first posted and extremely frustrating not to have the cookies stay listed in my PaleMoon/Firefox browsers. OF NOTE is that I NEVER did check the "site preferences" box for clearing in my browsers, so that was never the problem for me.

So all of these past months, after closing my browser(s) each time (frequently), I immediately would go to my SpywareBlaster app FIRST and ENABLE the protection for the browsers because they would get unprotected each time I simply closed the browser(s)...before I would use CCleaner. I still can't understand why that would happen.

Anyway, out of frustration, I just ended up back here and discovered the post which says UNCHECK "site preferences" in the CCleaner app, and so I did, and -- VOILA -- my cookies in the browser now STAY PUT! Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought I had always checked the "site preferences" in the CCleaner app to be cleared before this started happening and there wasn't any problem then...however...maybe CCleaner never even listed "site preferences" until that version of CCleaner came out in July???

You don't realize how great it is to see the cookie listings stay put...my entries and also the list of automatically blocked cookies...after 5 months of going without the feature working! I can only hope it stays working now, but - again - I sure can't explain why the SpywareBlaster app would disable the protection simply by me closing my browser(s)...so I hope it continues to work as it should now, also. JUST THINK...IF I would have returned to view the forums after I posted my problem, I wouldn't have needed to be miserable all this time! ;):D