Help. i'm a problem...but i don't know what's up

POLLON75

Please sorry i don't speak english very well, i'm italian.

I would describe myself as a medium beginner using computers, beginner with Cleaner. I first installed Ccleaner several months ago and have been very happy with it. Recently, I upgraded to 1.26 and have had difficulties since then.

Last week I found problems with Windows's Registry and I repair them. I also have the file of backup of this repair. Now the problem I have is this: Windows don't recognize HTML Files, also if I can open theme.I try double click this file...nothing is happened!

I attache tha HTML file's icon I see on my Pc.

I don't know what to do. :wacko:

Thankyou so much.

html_trouble2.bmp

html_trouble2.bmp

It looks like CCleaner thought .html was a useless extension and removed it. All you have to do is right-click the file you want to open, and select "Open With...", then select "Choose Program...". Next, find the browser you want to view HTML with (Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer are the most common), and click it. Then, check the box below the list that says "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file". Then click OK, and that should solve your problem.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

• Moderators

On Windows XP you can also get the .html re-registered in:

Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Set Program Access and Defaults

If you choose Internet Explorer you may then need to open Internet Explorer and:

1. Click Tools -> Internet Options -> Programs tab -> Enable: Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser

2. Click OK to save the setting, and then exit Internet Explorer.

3. Double click a .htm or .html file, or url shortcut that leads to a website and if prompted to make Internet Explorer the default browser select the appropriate option.

The reason for going through this long procedure is because if .htm and .html files are not registered it will usually mean there's other problems such as .url website addresses not working when clicked, and various other browser related settings that can effect many different areas of the system.