New C Cleaner version and issues with Craigslist

Just updated C Cleaner to version 4.02.4115 on Dell 1520 laptop with Windows 7. I use internet explorer for visiting websites.

When I updated I kept the settings from the previous version that I had no issues with, just updated. The version listed above when I run the Cleaner it does not remove history that I visited on Craigslist.

I had the same issue a couple of weeks and did a restore on my computer to get back the previous version and it works just fine. However, as noted when I updated Craigslist is not being removed. I do not have any items listed in the cookies to keep area.

Thanks

I replicated it.

I wrote about this on another thread here titled "CCleaner Does Not Clean Browsing History", and another person wrote after my post that he, too, is having this issue.

My post in particular did have to do with Craigslist history not getting deleted.

What options under Internet Explorer do you have selected?

I have

• Temporary Internet Files

• History

• Cookies

• Recently Typed URLs

• Index.dat files

• Last Download Location

• Autocomplete Form History

all checked.

I ran CCleaner with these options checked and re-opened IE10, found no purple links anywhere on craigstlist and it had no recollection I had visited any pages therein.

Edit: I ran just the Internet Explorer section for the purposes of this test, as I do have some more aggressive cleaning rules that may affect IE when ran.

Edited by Winapp2.ini

Is Craigslist a random variable ?

A quick search gives

About 7,889,750 result.

e.g.

craigslist.co.uk

craigslist.org

newyork.craigslist.org

losangeles.craigslist.org

Could there be different sorts of history depending upon which site and which subsection is visited?

Could you attract special tracking cookies if you try to buy Uranium :o

New Discovery.

Okay, it's not just Craigslist, and I've discovered something else which is peculiar: The history as typically disclosed in the Browser History tab has in fact been eliminated from that area, but when you go back to your Search again, even searches in Google, the links you had clicked on in the past still show up as having been clicked on - they are now a different color.

Reiterating - When you bring up past searches (even in Google) or your Craigslist site where you had visited before, the links within the site that you had clicked on, are a different color, even after running CCleaner. The Browser History tab shows cleared, but the indications are still a different color from the individual website links themselves.

Furthermore, I did a seach in Google, and after running CCleaner, I performed the search again using the same search words, and when the results list came up, the same links I had clicked on prior were already highlighted.

Since this is happening even with version 4.01, it is clearly an issue with MS IE 10. Something inside the new IE browser is interfering with CCleaner's functionality.

\

To answer your smart azz question I have never tried buying Uranium so I can't answer that question. Must be an England thing...

Actually the UK authorities are not the only ones that take an interest in those who are obtaining information or materials for the building of Weapons of Mass Destruction.

I though everything knew that.

I only used Uranium as an illustration of one of the many things that might attract such attention.

There may be other legitimate things on Craigslist that when clicked could result in extra attention with targeted spam.

I never wanted to know what you were clicking,

I just wanted you to recognise that perhaps some links might result in more persistent memories within history.

Instead of installing older versions of CCleaner, for the time being just go to internet options and select history under the delete options and then select clear browsing history on exit. It solves this problem and CCleaner seems to be working fine with everything else on IE10 right now.

I just tried it with my add-ons disabled and it still occurred that links remained purple, although I really don't find this to be much of a problem.

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x64 IE10

Guess it depends what you use CCleaner for, but I use it to scrub my internet browsing history each night. The fact that it continues to display visited links after the scrub is very much of a problem for me.

I noticed the problem with Google and Yahoo retaining the link history after the scrub with version 4.02. The problem does not appear to occur with 4.01 (at least for me) in IE10. I'm inclined to discount IE10 being the cause for these reasons.

Instead of installing older versions of CCleaner, for the time being just go to internet options and select history under the delete options and then select clear browsing history on exit. It solves this problem and CCleaner seems to be working fine with everything else on IE10 right now.

Recognizing that this response is moving off the topic, this suggestion does impel the question how safe is it relying on the browser to clear its own history properly without leaving any traces? I mean isn't the whole purpose of CCleaner to scrub these traces better than the browser can?

• Moderators

[opinion]Browserwise no the point (for the most part) is to easily clean all browsers in one place (as many people prefer multiple browsers) so (at least for the big three cache, history, cookies) the clean is comparable (or possible better internally with the fast release updating browsers of the last few years)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

the clean is comparable (or possible better internally with the fast release updating browsers of the last few years)

Actually CCleaner could clean more but it would upset many people since there'd be no "cookies to keep." I personally have all my browsers self-clean themselves when I exit them, and I use CCleaner's default cleaners and my own winapp2.ini cleaners to get a few left-over remnants the browsers themselves won't clean or can't clean.

• Moderators

I just installed the latest version, 4.03.4151 and it has not fixed any of the issues related to this thread.

Going just by the dates this thread which was started June 15th and the digital signature date of CCleaner.exe v4.03.4151 June 19th I wouldn't expect it to be fixed that fast.

Going just by the dates this thread which was started June 15th and the digital signature date of CCleaner.exe v4.03.4151 June 19th I wouldn't expect it to be fixed that fast.

Whatever that's supposed to mean, I have no idea.

The company's release notes states that it fixed cleaning issues with MS IE 10 as a result of this latest release, and I'm stating that it has not. Or at least not satisfactorily, which means the same thing.

• Moderators
The company's release notes states that it fixed cleaning issues with MS IE 10 as a result of this latest release, and I'm stating that it has not.

Well, it doesn't really say that, does it? The release notes state that:

'Improved Internet Explorer 10 cleaning: Saved Passwords, Userdata Cookies and Last Download Location'

It will take time to find out what's happening in an undocumented product.