CCleaner Help

n8chavez

Every now and again my username and password gets erased for NOD32 and I have to reenter them. Could this be CCleaner that is erasing that information? I have added custon folders (/temp, /temp internet files/ prefetch, /ehome) Could they be the culprit?

I think that CCleaner is the reason for my problem. Ever since I installed the latest beta I've been having this issue. I have added NOD's setting registry keys to my exclusion list on my cleaner , so I know it is not the problem.

• 3 weeks later...

I think that CCleaner is the reason for my problem. Ever since I installed the latest beta I've been having this issue. I have added NOD's setting registry keys to my exclusion list on my cleaner , so I know it is not the problem.

I agree.

NOD32 SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN ADDED TO CCLEANER OR WINAPP2.INI!!!

It should be removed from both!!!

DO NOT let CCleaner 'clean' NOD32!!!

If you have other cleaning software, please do not let it clean anything from NOD32. You won't be able to view scan logs or save future scans to log. If the .dat files get deleted, nothing will show up when you go to Logs > Threat Logs, Logs > Event Logs, or Logs > NOD32 Scanner Logs. Make sure there is at least one scan in those NOD32's .dat files at all times.

The only known fix once the .dat files are gone is to uninstall and reinstall NOD32 to get the logs working again. Simply unchecking NOD32 from CCleaner will not fix the problem, but you must still uncheck it so that the problem does not happen again. Do this before you uninstall NOD32. Then uninstall NOD32 and reboot. Manually delete the C:\Program Files\Eset folder if it remains. Reboot again. Then reinstall NOD32. The logs should be working again.

Do not let anything clean NOD32's .dat files!

Windows 10 (x64). Android 11. CCleaner Pro 6.02.9938.

• 2 years later...