Defraggler aborts during defragmentation. No message of any kind was shown. Ideas anyone?

I just downloaded Defraggler today. My hard disc has not been defragged for a long time. The defrag app on my computer won't work on this mess. It gets to about 3%, then just kind of sits there. So, Defraggler for me! However, Defraggler aborts before it is done. I have not seen any sort of message as to why, it just says the app aborted. Last time, I was about 60% into it when it shut down. Any ideas anyone?

• 2 weeks later...

i dont want to be taken to the gallows pole , but answer from #2 to me was definetly no help. it says run in degug mode , but you dont know how it's done ? and #3 no disrespect , i assure you , but i dont understand what you posted , but that's my fault. the program is like 95% over when a window pops up defrag aborted. some files could not be defragged. cannot run this this. this has just started. don b. : (

• Moderators

It may just be that the files that cannot be defragged are what are called System Volume Information files (system restore)

If you follow the steps shown here to exclude it and then run defraggler does it still abort?

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=38165entry231327

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Hazelnut , thank you for your reply. im pretty good on pc's , but not when it comes to " fixing it. ". ive had defraggler about 3-4 months after it's release and this is the only problem ive ever had . just like the registry ,, i dont mess with it. i seek help like this .very appreciated. don barajas