tinychat.com bug

paecudra

Hi.

First of all, I want to say that CCleaner is a great application. Big thanks to its devs.

A few weeks ago I visited tinychat.com. I logged in as a guest, typing in some random nickname. Since then, I have used CCleaner to clean my Windows a few dozen times. I have almost all boxes checked in the settings. I also use Wise Care 365. Both applications are up to date.

Today I have also went to tinychat.com. To my surprise, my nickname was still there!

Can you tell me why is that and how to fix it, please?

Have you closed your browser completely? There might be some background processes running even if you close Chrome "normally".

And I assume you are using CCleaner v4.01.4093 (25 Apr 2013)..?

Have you closed your browser completely?

Yes, I have written before: I turned off and on my PC dozens of time.

And I assume you are using CCleaner v4.01.4093 (25 Apr 2013)..?

Yes, I have written before: I always use the latest stable software.

I feel I must add here that as you state you also have another cleaner installed on your machine, it will be virtually impossible to know what cleaner is doing what.

This does not change the bug in CCleaner.

• Moderators

paecudra, nodles asked if you had closed your BROWSER (Chrome) completely before cleaning, not if you had completely closed down your PC. You need to check in taskmanager to see if all instances of Chrome are closed.

You say in your first post that you visited tinychat as a guest a few weeks ago. You then said that you had used both ccleaner and another cleaner, this does not make the fact that your tinychat nickname is still there a bug.

There are other reasons it could still be there.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Today I have also went to tinychat.com. To my surprise, my nickname was still there!

Can you tell me why is that and how to fix it, please?

Easy.

CCleaner is not able to reach out and erase your nickname from tinychat.com.

Therefore if you previously gained admission with a random nickname in the past,

then Tinychar.com will remember you the next time you type in that nickname.

Also tinychat.com may well remember your previous nickname with your IP address, and perhaps that is enough to validate you.

I have a dynamic IP.

paecudra, nodles asked if you had closed your BROWSER (Chrome) completely before cleaning, not if you had completely closed down your PC. You need to check in taskmanager to see if all instances of Chrome are closed.

I don't have Chrome in my startup list, so I'm pretty sure it was closed after I turned on my PC.

I have a dynamic IP.

Me too - but mine persists for many weeks before my ISP swaps us around.

You have NOT said anything which tells me that your computer told tinychat the nickname you previously used.

I think this is more an issue of user understanding.

I believe this topic should NOT be a bug report, but in the discussion forum.

A bug report needs to give information that allows others, especially the developers of the product, the ability to reproduce,

It should include the version of Windows in use.

I always use the latest stable software.

That is a very bad answer.

You were not using the latest version before you updated,

and your answer will also be false in a few weeks when a later version is issued,

and how do we know how you deem a version to be stable.

Far simpler for those willing to help if you state version numbers.

• Moderators

Please confirm that Google Background running is turned off per

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=38438entry233281

Please Empty google temp cache via in-built Chrome mechanism

retry tinychat

if the site works then please

With background services turned off exit chrome

run ccleaner in debug-mode http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=37347

clean ONLY CHROME

check tinychat

if broken post the log from the ccleaner folder to this thread

and screenshots of the broken site compared to the working site

I totally misread the issue

Ax I read it your issue is you expect ccleaner to remove filled out forms and non-remembered (in chrome's password vault) password/usernames.

Is that correct?

Note that it has been reported that ccleaner does not currently by default handle Chrome Flash Cookies. There is a stop gap entry in the public winapp2 template, so if tinychat uses flash cookies, as many sites do, it may solve your issue.

Edited by Nergal
Nergal missed the point badly

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Me too - but mine persists for many weeks before my ISP swaps us around.

And my ISP restarts my connection every 24 hours. If this was not the case, I'd have told this.

You have NOT said anything which tells me that your computer told tinychat the nickname you previously used.

I have no idea what you mean.

,It should include the version of Windows in use.

I use Windows 7.

You were not using the latest version before you updated,

I can't use the software that was not yet released.

and your answer will also be false in a few weeks when a later version is issued,

Did I really have to write "I use the latest stable software at the time I'm writing this"?

and how do we know how you deem a version to be stable.

I hope you're joking.

Ax I read it your issue is you expect ccleaner to remove filled out forms and non-remembered (in chrome's password vault) password/usernames.

Is that correct?

Yes! I want CCleaner to clean Chrome completely, leaving only bookmarks and general settings.

Note that it has been reported that ccleaner does not currently by default handle Chrome Flash Cookies. There is a stop gap entry in the public winapp2 template, so if tinychat uses flash cookies, as many sites do, it may solve your issue.

Thank you for this information. Can we expect CCleaner to remove Chrome Flash cookies anytime soon?

I always use the latest stable software.

That means there are versions that are stable, and others that are unstable.

That implies that what we see as the latest version is something that you would not use.

Why not give a straight answer with recognizable version number ?

"The latest Version" is horribly unhelpful in a "bug report" after few months,

when some-one else has a problem and searches on the Internet and finds a Topic Title that relates to his current problem.

If you have stated your version numbers he can determine if he has the same,

but trying to determine what was the "The Latest Version 97 days ago" can be a little challenging.

• Moderators

Alan is, a bit, derailing actual help however he is correct. Please just swallow the argument and state the chrome version, by number as the bugfixers will need it.

As far as when flash cookies will be covered in chrome I have no more information than can be found on public forum, I'm just a user like yourself and have no personal ties to the development team.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I have just experienced something interesting.

I turned on my second PC, with Win XP installed. I opened Chrome 26.0.1410.64 m, went to tinychat.com, logged in as a guest with some nick. Closed Chrome, waited a few minutes, cleaned the PC with CCleaner and Wise Care 365. I open Chrome, go to tinychat.com and my nick is gone!

Why?

• Moderators

cleaned the PC with CCleaner and Wise Care 365. I open Chrome, go to tinychat.com and my nick is gone!

Why?

You can't actually expect anyone on this forum to be able to help you since you're also using another cleaning program at the same time you're using CCleaner, so who would know which is causing you the issue.

You seriously need to narrow things down therefore I suggest if you want help only use CCleaner for a few days and try to repeat the problem you're having, otherwise your plea for help won't help you at all and is wasting the time of those attempting to help you.

You guys think that Wise Care might recover things removed by CCleaner?

I know nothing about Wise Care other than you use it to do stuff on your P.C. and no one here is suggestion that it is anything but a file/registry deleter.

On that basis this particular guy thinks you have totally misunderstood Wise Care's capability.

Wise Care, like ALL system cleanup utilities, including CCleaner itself,

has the capability of misjudging which Windows files are required for certain operations that you expect to be performed.

It is quite possible that Wise Care sees no need for Piriform Registry keys.

It is quite possible that Wise Care sees no need for certain Windows files that are needed for Windows to completely execute the instructions issued by CCleaner.

Wise Care may be less adventurous in its cleaning of XP than it is with Windows 7 and as a result CCleaner is able to do its job.

At the end of the day the only solution might be to totally reinstall Windows 7 and exclude the installation or use of Wise Care.