wiping installation history

userABC

I would suggest that there be a beefed up feature added that allows the TOTALLY complete removal of traces of having ever installed a program after its removal. This appears not to be in effect currently. For example, I am pulling my hair out about a nag screen that keeps popping up when I run a program past its trial date. How is it possible that I have removed a program with a specialized uninstaller program, then I have run Ccleaner with all the options of cleaning set to work, then I have run other cleaning programs, then I rebooted, then I redownloaded the program and reinstalled as if to reinstall it for the first time. Yet, it STILL seems to know that it had been installed previously and it resumes the nag screen saying that it was installed more than X days ago? How can that be after I have run every kind of cleaner under the sun to remove its traces?

Most applications that implement a trial system work very hard to ensure the "original install date" data is preserved.

It's unreasonable to expect CCleaner to maintain a list of locations where applications store this data. Especially since it can change depending on environmental factors.

Edited by Andavari
Let's not give people ideals of circumvention

I'm Shane.

You are suggesting that Piriform should enable you to violate any terms and conditions that you might accept when installing trial ware.

The ethical issues didn't even cross my mind (whoops!). Thanks for bringing that up, Alan.

I'm Shane.