ccleaner cleaning itself

moon

I tried searching but cannot seam to find a similar issue, please redirect me if there is .

thanks.

I'm having a problem with ccleaner deleting several of its own files causing a reinstall ever time i want to use it, or copying the files to another directory and replacing them. Quite a pain.

What I've narrowed it down to.

If I select only temporary files under system and nothing under applications. the following is what ccleaner wants to do.

ANALYSIS COMPLETE - (0.075 secs)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0.22MB to be removed. (Approximate size)

Details of files to be deleted (Note: No files have been deleted yet)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C:\Program Files\CCleaner\winapp.ini 30.49KB

C:\Program Files\CCleaner\ccleaner.dll 48.00KB

C:\Program Files\CCleaner\winsys.ini 5.56KB

C:\Program Files\CCleaner\winreg.ini 1.53KB

C:\Program Files\CCleaner\history.txt 934 bytes

C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCSystem.dll 56.00KB

C:\Program Files\CCleaner\uninst.exe 83.46KB

C:\Program Files\CCleaner\log.txt 1.75KB

post-3946-1137969789_thumb.jpg

Of coarse, if I allow this then the next time I open the program there is nothing to select as its settings are wiped.

Does anyone know why the program would select the files in C:\Program Files\CCleaner folder when only temporary files are selected for deleting

thanks.

post-3946-1137969789_thumb.jpg

Ok i figured it out by chance or by smarts. :rolleyes: You be the judge.

Thanks to all that looked and thought about this.

Previously, I must have deleted the windows temp folder instead of its contents.

Created the temp folder in the windows directory and tada, no ccleaner files listed after analyse.

Looks like ccleaner defaults to itself as temp files,(perhaps the last thing installed), if the windows temp folder is missing. :blink:

cheers

• Moderators

You should feel lucky as there's some system utilities that will revert to C:\ itself if the global Temp folder isn't found, and we know what that details - any file not in-use or locked would get deleted on drive C:\.