Papst 4412FGLL fan question

Stephen

Has anyone used the Papst 4412FGLL fan? According to the specs on the various retailers who carry it, the airflow is 40CFM, the speed is 1,200 RPM, and the noise level is 18 dBA. On the Papst website I cannot find this specific model, but there is another one (4412FGL - one less 'L' on the end) that has somewhat different specs (for example, it's louder).

I am considering replacing the stock Antec TriCool fans in my Antec P180 case with these - but that's only if these specs are accurate. Does anyone know?

Honestly why are obsessing so much over such a little upgrade? Are you gonna put briquettes in it or something?

??? Obsessing? Sorry to offend you because I'm interested in real user feedback on some components, as opposed to market hype.

Again, is there anyone out there that has real knowledge of this fan?

??? Obsessing? Sorry to offend you because I'm interested in real user feedback on some components, as opposed to market hype.

Again, is there anyone out there that has real knowledge of this fan?

Yeah, I totally understand the "obsessing". I'm pretty meticulous myself when it comes to upgrades. I personally haven't used that fan, but I wouldn't worry too much about replacing the stock fans unless you plan on overclocking. The stock fans are fine for normal conditions; plus, since you have dual-cores, your CPU should actually run fairly cool (as compared to a proc with one highly clocked core).

Sorry I don't know about the product you mentioned, but if it was me, I probably wouldn't even concern myself with that type of upgrade, unless the fans on your case are very poor quality.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

are you going to overclock the processor? are you going to be doing highly cpu intensive, such as gaming or video editing? Overall the antec fans are probably going to do a damn fine job, unless your going to overclock the hell out of your cpu, or put 4 gpus in the case. I keep my case very cool with a watercooler for my cpu, and 3 fans for one for my harddrives, and the others to evacuate heat from my 7800 gt. Unless you are trying to create a perfectly cool case so you can achieve uber overclocks than you shouldn't worry. Sorry Stephen, but what you have should do a fine job.

IPB Image

Insert random C4 joke here.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. And he is using dual-cores, so that won't be as hot as having a higher clocked single-core. And, if he wants it to stay real nice and cool, he could always cool it with cooking oil. :D

Overall the antec fans are probably going to do a damn fine job, unless your going to overclock the hell out of your cpu, or put 4 gpus in the case.

4 GPUs?! What is that, Ultra SLI? Nothing like 600 FPS in Doom 3. lol

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

are you going to overclock the processor? are you going to be doing highly cpu intensive, such as gaming or video editing? Overall the antec fans are probably going to do a damn fine job, unless your going to overclock the hell out of your cpu, or put 4 gpus in the case. I keep my case very cool with a watercooler for my cpu, and 3 fans for one for my harddrives, and the others to evacuate heat from my 7800 gt. Unless you are trying to create a perfectly cool case so you can achieve uber overclocks than you shouldn't worry. Sorry Stephen, but what you have should do a fine job.

I don't intend on overclocking. I do quite a bit of video editing. I apppreciate that the Antec should do enough cooling, based upon the replies I have received on this and another forum. However, there appears to be a significant difference in the noise level, if the specs are accurate. 18dBA for the Papst, versus 25dBA for the Antec TriCool.

are you switching 3 fans out for another 3 fans?

I'm considering switching out the stock Antec TriCool fans for the Papst - if they really are as much quieter as the specs suggest. But I would like some real world experience to base my decision on, as opposed to retailer's specs.

I dont think it really matters, your going to only get retailer specs, becuz nobody really tests the hell out of regular fans on the market. Unless these fans are some brand new technology that uses ultraviolet rays to suck in hypersonic air to cool better than water blah blah. ya know. Also stick with antec, cuz.... papst, makes me think of a pap smear test.

IPB Image

Insert random C4 joke here.