Recuva says to make a new folder and theres no folder"HELP"

ruffcutz

Hello I'm new to Recuva but I managed to find most of my files but the silly thing I done was delete most of local disk "c" by getting a virus on my pc and this virus copy not shortcut folders, but folders like my computer and control panel and what I called my SSD name "intel 120gig " which is my ssd drive . Also part of local disk "c" was somehow on my desktop with my other icons like Norton internet security, adobe stuff like that so I thought it would be good idea to get rid of the virus first then delete "intel 120gig which is my ssd because I could see the drive with the same name in another folder ,not knowing at the time it was my main boot drive I cant even get on the internet to run on that computer also this is the main problem i'm having,

after successfully finding most of my files Recuva ask me to make a folder but all I get is access denied on windows 8 64bit as even when I go to look for another drive in that menu there is no other drive coming up which is not good as I have 3 other hard drive s connect to the same computer but I can access the other drives but everything else id gone like video editing programs all my adobe stuff cinema 4d photos plugins oh its all a right nightmare at the moment unless there is someone that can solve this problem this will be much appreciated .

what is going on and is there anyway around this PLEASE HELP somebody!!!!!!!!

What was the virus ?

How did you remove it ?

How do you know that it has all been purged and is not still affecting you ?

If you launch Windows Disk Management and take a screen-shot and supply that we would have a better idea of your situation.

Are the 3 other hard drives internal or external HDD's ?

What are you attempting to Recuva ?

i.e. all of C:\, parts of C:\, or C:\ plus folders on other drives ?

hello the virus was Trojan horse ah I got rid that no problem,norton internet security got rid of it and because it deleted all the files that were infected also I used adware to get rid of some spyware and also used Norton to do a registry clean.

I cant seem to get the photos up on here off task manger as the photos are to big.

internal hard drives .

i'm attempting to recover everything if possible but if not just what I can this is local disk c only.

If my malware protection allowed my files to be infected I would not trust my malware protection to identify every file that needed deleting,

and I especially would not trust it to eradicate every instance of the Trojan Horse - whichever that may be.

It may be advisable to get your computer checked out by experts.

Free Expert advice sites are listed at

http://forum.pirifor...showtopic=34786

I cant seem to get the photos up on here off task manger as the photos are to big.

Just in case you are using a camera to photograph the Task Manager, a screen-shot can be captured thus :-

http://www.howtogeek...extra-software/

Please note that whilst Recuva may be able to rescue and copy to another drive any files deleted from important folders such as C:\Windows\System32,

it is unlikely that Windows will allow you to then copy back to their rightful location - there are much better ways of repairing a corrupted system.

Recuva can however rescue and copy to another drive your documents and perhaps some applications.

The absolutely simplest solution would be to restore a system image backup - if in fact you have such a backup available.

This will however omit documents and applications that were added subsequent to the creation of the image.

hello i asked about the folder i didn't really want to know about viruses and such i am an expert on computer software but ive never ever used or needed this software till now all i want to know is where is the folder to copy the recuva items to its not showing up if you don't know say you don't as i don't know you and you don't know what i know about computers it was a simply question

after successfully finding most of my files Recuva ask me to make a folder

You get to decide where it goes

but all I get is access denied on windows 8 64bit

Either you need to obtain access, or select a place which allows you access,

Or perhaps between the Trojan's effects and your deleting chunks of C:\, your system is crippled.

all i want to know is where is the folder to copy the recuva items

No such folder if you have failed to define a folder that Windows will allow for access.

I am happy to stand down and observe your progress with others.

right i get what your saying this has already been attempted with making a folder but there's no folder in recuva at all i can make a folder on local disk H, and J but what then how do i get the scan folders over to local disk H or J ????

• Moderators

Hi ruffcutz.

I think you may be seeing this as more complicated than it is. And I don't mean that in an offensive way.

In Recuva, in "Options\General" I have "View Mode" set to "Tree View", so after a scan I select the files I want to recover and press "Recover" ...

post-8751-0-84267000-1365197782_thumb.jpg

That opens the "Browse for folder" dialogue window, in which you select a location (drive, partition or folder), or create a new folder at that location, and then you simply press "OK" ...

post-8751-0-46938900-1365197974_thumb.jpg

Selecting OK will then restore the scanned files you selected to the chosen location ...

post-8751-0-25366000-1365198062_thumb.jpg

As I have "Restore folder structure" selected in "Options\Actions", my files are restored to the chosen location, but in the same folder structure they occupied on the drive I'm recovering from.

I was recovering from the "Documents and Settings" folder on my C: drive, so the files were restored to my E: drive in an identical " Documents and Settings " folder structure. This setup makes it easier to target files on the problem drive, and then easier to sort on the target drive.

Hope that helps.

:)

Keatah DennisD thank you very much but that wouldn't of help what i did was silly because all i ever do is worki on computers to silly oclock and because im very impatient i ended up deleting 50 gig or so of apps to start programs like adobe cs6,cinema 4d,flash you know where i'm going with this and because i was so tired and for a certain program i was using i had to turn off the anti virus but there was one on there which was meant to be cleared but i left it and forgot about it and attacked my pc when your tired you cant think straight so i ended up doing very silly things and brought me to this site lol .

but ive sorted it now il explain another day how i done it as no one has had my issue before so thanks again keatah and dennis d!!!!!!!!!!!