A brief suggestions

iSR5

Hi,

I have a punch of suggestions, and I don't know they might be useful.

1. Cleaner :

+ Size:

The result approximate size restricted to MB,and the "Details of files to be deleted" size restricted to KB.

Why CC cannot offer reading the sizes as they are?

Example: if there is a 8 GB to clean, it'll say 8192 MB to be removed, and the in the Details will say 819200 KB -- xx Files. (xx number of files found)

While it should say 8 GB to be removed, and in the Details will say 8 GB -- xx Files. (xx number of files found)

(AT LEAST we'll stop counting how many numbers are there to know how much size it takes).

+ Wipe Free Space :

I believe most people will mostly uncheck this option, because they want a fast cleaning, and who wants to wipe his drive, will use Tools / Driver Wiper.

2. Cookies, Include, Exclude options:

Every time I want to use them, I have to go to Options and change them and go back to Cleaner and clean!

Also, most of time i forget about them, because I don't see them all the time...!

and since they are related to Cleaner option, it'll be nice to merge them with Cleaner dialog.

that will make it faster to the user to see and configure his options.

3. Delete Entry Buttons in Tools:

This is a confusing thing to most of users, especially if this is the first time using CC.

Some users think this button will "Uninstall" the program, or Disable an entry in the Startup options.

So using them by mistake will cause some problems to them.

I would suggest to separate this button from others for users safety. (OR using Tiptool or any type of messages to note the users).

3. Options > Advanced : "Only delete files in Windows Temp folder older than 24 hours".

this option is checked by default, I suggest to be unchecked by default.

because most users will not know about this option especially at their first use.

4. Save to text file Buttons:

This option is very useful, but, in the Startup option, you have to save a list of entries for each tab.

While it'll be better if we can do this one time for all tabs. (OR Include it with suggestion number 5 below).

5. LOGs.

I would suggest a new option provide a basic system log like:

- System Manufacture + System Model.

- Windows version (Showing 32-bit or 64-bit)

- RAM (Actual size + used size).

- Processor

- Graphic card ( Type + RAM size ).

- HDD ( Actual size + Partition Letters + size for each partition + used + free size for each partition)

- Last 10 "Windows Error Reporting" events.

- Uninstall List

- Startup lists "including all active tabs"

This option could be showed as a new Tab inside CC and add a new Save button to be able to save it as text,

OR you can put a Save button to save all info in a text (both way will be useful).

6. CCleaner Command lines:

CC has some limited commands line, and it'll be wonderful to have some additional commands Like:

- A command to register CC using a parameter to do self registration. (PRO & Business editions).

(This command will even help Support to do batches or keys to their costumers rather than typing the license key and Name "will be no more issues with spelling".)

- A command to clean registry. ( since /AUTO is available).

- A command to export all available logs and save them in a text file. (related to Suggestion #5)

- A command to Uninstall, Delete, Disable/Enable entries by their list number.

(Example: In uninstall list Adobe flash is #4 in the list. In Startup list at Windows tab, the #2 in the list is a file named App.exe, and #6 in Google Chrome is an entry named Extension).

What I need to do is to uninstall Adobe flash, and disable app.exe from Startup entries, and disable Extension from "Google Chrome" tab. It will be something like this:

ccleaner /uninstall #4 uninstall

ccleaner /startup /Windows #2 /GoogleChrome #6 Disable

and this will do all what I need in just one click.

This is what I have I hope it'll be useful somehow, and I know some people will feel the same .. ;)

(NOTE: Why you don't integrate CC with Defrag together, and make Defrag, as built-in option in CC, it'll emphasize CC functionality). :ph34r::P