Temporary internet files

kuepper

I use internet in a smilar manner each day, pc has vista. Sometimes when I later analyse with ccleaner there are ~1000 of these files and sometimes ~50. I'm wondering if some temp int files are not always recognised by ccleaner? Also if I search for files using %temp% there are only a few there - even less than shown on ccleaner, likewise when I look via tools>internet options>settings>view files. So I'm at a loss to understand this

• Moderators

Sometimes when I later analyse with ccleaner there are ~1000 of these files and sometimes ~50. I'm wondering if some temp int files are not always recognised by ccleaner?

It also matters what you have your Temporary Internet Files cache size set to, for instance if it's too low then Internet Explorer might start getting rid of stuff on its own during a long browsing session that fills up the cache, and thus CCleaner doesn't have as much to clean.

It also matters what you have your Temporary Internet Files cache size set to, for instance if it's too low then Internet Explorer might start getting rid of stuff on its own during a long browsing session that fills up the cache, and thus CCleaner doesn't have as much to clean.

It' s always set on same 250MB, but what i've described doesnt seem to be affected by file size