Firefox Crashing

grabacontroller

Its extremely weird. Sometimes it crashes alot then it goes through peroids of not crashing at all. Maybe its the extensions that use the server. I have gotten rid of 2 extensions. I use the other extensions because I really like them but I'll see if that helped. Re-installing Firefox didn't help but I'm going to see getting rid of Forecast Fox and Yahoo Toolbar works.

IPB Image

Im using Talkback, Adblock, Adblock Filter G Updater, Netcraft, Talkback, Google Safe Browsing, Stumbleupon and A9 toolbar. grabacontroller toolbar(An Effective Brand Toolbar)

Edit: Google Safe Browsing (BETA) - December 14, 2005 is in beta.

IPB Image

ok, well disable all those damn extensions and then see how firefox runs, if it continues to crash, do a clean install of firefox.

if that doesnt work resort to C4

I probaly could disable them all but I lke them too much. :D I could do a clean install but I'm afraid to lose my bookmarks because I got 50 sites or more bookmarks and its hard to remember them. :lol:

IPB Image

make a back up of your bookmarks by going to bookmarks>manage bookmarks>File>Export.

I didn't know that you could save a copy of your bookmarks. Wow! :D

Also, I forgot that you can disable your extensions and you don't have to get rid of them. :lol:

IPB Image

Did you even try what I said?

Dump the google beta extension and see if it works.

Yes I followed everybody's directions and also by the way Firefox has a problem with the history part and if it gets too large Firefox starts crashing. People have known Firefox for crashing.

IPB Image

• Moderators

Yes I followed everybody's directions and also by the way Firefox has a problem with the history part and if it gets too large Firefox starts crashing. People have known Firefox for crashing.

I never heard of that but I dont really read to much into firefox. It just works every time I use it. I set my cahche to 500mb if that was your issue then there is the fix. :D

I never heard of that but I dont really read to much into firefox. It just works every time I use it. I set my cahche to 500mb if that was your issue then there is the fix. :D

Ya thats probaly a good idea and Also, Firefox does work most of the time. Its certain sites.... :D Its mostly all good though. :lol:

Speaking of that history thing. Its a security flaw in Firefox that causes a Denial of Service Attack. That one day I had Firefox crash on me 10 times in a row. Which is a bit odd. Most of the time its fine but its just certain times. Mostly when my sister is using the computer. :D

IPB Image