Installing An Internal Dial-Up Fax Modem Created Win7 BSOD Most Of The Time?

montecarlo1987

Hello. I am having BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death Issues) issues in recent days.

Ever since I installed my older internal PCI dial-up modem card inside my desktop computer, I have been receiving BSOD most (9 out of 10 times I'd say.) only during the final "Shutdown" stage with my Windows 7 Pro 6-bit OS. Windows runs great before, during and after startup and while Windows is running. I only get the BSOD issues a few seconds after I have commenced a system restart or system shutdown following the Windows "Shutdown" screen. System restarts are more common with BSODs than system shutdowns.

I have check my Device Manager for this Intel 536EP Modem and the device status (the driver) states that "this device is working properly.". It is from digital signer is: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher. The driver provider: Intel Corporation. The drive date: 3/16/2005. The driver version: 4.80.12.0.

I ran a System File Checker (sfc /scannow) while in the Windows environment and it stated at the conclusion, "Windows Resource Protection didn't find any integrity violations."

Yes, obviously, you're going to say it is the added PCI dial-up modem hardware that is the issue and/or in combination with the driver. After I installed this hardware, this is when this BSOD issue all started. Yet, the driver does not show any issues as I have stated.

I have since removed this PCI dial-up modem and when I did the BSOD issues immediately stopped proving it is this piece of hardware as the root cause.

I was planning on using the dial-up modem for a Caller ID system that uses the modem in your Windows-based computer to monitor incoming phone calls. When a phone call is received, the program displays the Caller ID info on the computer screen. I have not configured this yet as I am trying to overcome this BSOD issue first.

Some stats: The dial-up modem is called a EZ Media Fax Modem - Internal PCI v.92/56Kbps with Intel Modem Chips v.92 and v.90. I have the original (standard) ASUS P5Q motherboard. I have a Motorola external broadband cable modem and a Linksys Dual-Band Wireless-N gigabit Router receiving a broadband communication. The telephone cord connected to this PCI dial-up modem is connected to a telephone splitter jack that is connected to my digital phone cable modem jack. I am running a dual boot situation with Windows 7 Pro 64-bit and a Windows 8 Pro 64-bit on different primary partitions on the same internal hard drive. I have provided 3 Windows Problem Signatures below for your inspection a varying times from Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. I have not received any BSODs with Windows 8 Pro 64-bit OS.

My question to you: Is there a way to get this added PCI dial-up modem to work with my system??? If you can help me, please suggest to me how I can still keep installed my added PCI dial-up modem and stop getting this BSOD issues???

Please reply.

Thank you!

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 1000007e

BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005

BCP2: FFFFF88005EBAB20

BCP3: FFFFF88003977688

BCP4: FFFFF88003976EE0

OS Version: 6_1_7601

Service Pack: 1_0

Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\030813-73164-01.dmp

C:\Users\TROY\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-88655-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft....88&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Approximate time of incident: 3-8-13 at 4:56 AM

Problem signature:

BCCode: 44

BCP1: FFFFFA8000000000

BCP2: 0000000000000EAE

BCP3: 0000000000000000

BCP4: 0000000000000000

C:\Windows\Minidump\030813-60528-01.dmp

C:\Users\TROY\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-102945-0.sysdata.xml

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

Approximate time of incident: 3-8-13 at 3:42 PM

Problem signature:

BCCode: 1000007e

BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005

BCP2: FFFFF88005C89DC6

BCP3: FFFFF8800980D6C8

BCP4: FFFFF8800980CF20

C:\Windows\Minidump\030913-64397-01.dmp

C:\Users\TROY\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-96112-0.sysdata.xml

Approximate time of incident: 3-9-13 at 4:11 PM[/size]

Edited by Nergal
Cleaned up formatting added spoiler, saved much space

• Moderators

I see you have also posted your question over on the Sevenforums.

Have you tried downloading something like WhoCrashed to see what is causing the BSOD

http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

Don't clean your computer with CCleaner unless you untick Memory Dumps as it will clean out the dump files that are needed for analyses.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

@ hazelnut:

Hello again. Thanks for your interest in my issue.

First and foremost, yes, I do indeed have the Memory Dumps checked in CCleaner. ..and I have ran CCleaner since I removed the PCI dial-up modem and since this issue stopped. Therefore, I am flat out of luck now! I was not aware that you really do need those memory dump file information to resolve this issue. :-(

The only way is to re-install the PCI dial-up modem and run a few system restarts and shutdowns to reproduce this issue and do not use CCleaner in the interim. Then we can take it from there. Therefore, I will be a few days before returning here. I will be back. Hold on! Thanks for your help!

Edited by Nergal
Removed unneeded Font Attributes

• Moderators

Perhaps look on the manufacturer website for a Win7 compatible driver (if you have 64-bit Win7 look for that), that's my guess as to why it's causing all those BSOD's.

Edited by Andavari

• Moderators

+1 Andavari, sounds very much like a driver issue or an interrupt/resource conflict.

64bit OS means 64bit drivers, if it's an old card, the supplied CD may only have 32bit, and worse, the manufacturer may not have 64bit drivers.

worst case, consider buying a current dial-up card.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.