File Search has defective limitation.

When I select the SEARCH Tab and specify a target file and then tick the boxes

"Filename contains:" and

"Include non-fragmented files"

and click the "Search" button

I should then see a list of files (and paths), and when I select one of those files the entire drive map should be dimmed apart from the cell representing the the location of that cell.

The above works perfectly for files that are 613 bytes long (and also longer files)

Files that are 605 bytes or less are NOT detected, NOT listed, and NOT shown on the drive map.

Why no possibility of showing the location of files that are less than 613 bytes in length ?

Are they so small that Windows decides to squirrel them away in the MFT where no one can find them ?

I do not know why Defraggler searches for files that I assume are too small to be fragmented (below 4096 bytes)

but it is a facility that is partially provided.

I would really like it to list all files regardless of size, down to zero bytes, even if the location is hidden inside the MFT.

There are times when I need to know if a particular file exists and also the path to that file,

but almost never am I interested in the location on the drive map.

I wish to use (and recommend) Defraggler as the File Finder par excellence because :-

It searches faster than any other,

It reports what is really there (others see the ghostly residues of what the MFT remembers from the past)

It is NOT obstructed by Access Control Levels that prevent viewing with Windows Explorer

(if the file is in System Volume Information it WILL be seen)

I am using Portable DF v2.13.670 (64-bit) under Windows 7 Ultimate + SP1.

Same problem with DF v2.11, and possibly all earlier versions.

Regards

Alan