March Desktops

DennisD

• Moderators

post-21882-0-88973900-1362709591_thumb.jpg

selfish promotion

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

yup

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

• Moderators

Nice :) I'm awful with graphics and all that :(

me too, I'm into my 2nd year of doing it, this is my first major public one...having 64bits and 12GB of RAM makes it soooooooooooooo much easier

• Moderators

login123, the BBC thanks you for finding a use for their art gatherings ;)

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

login123, the BBC thanks you for finding a use for their art gatherings ;)

:lol::lol: I don't think ?? that one is even on there.

I promise I wasn't talking sideways at you or anything.

Hazels post just reminded me of art works that had affected me in the past, so hey, I put that one on the screen.

It is Christina's World, by Andrew Wyeth, an oddly affective work.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

never crossed my mind that you were or even would.

and back at you too, I wasn't 'talking sideways' at your arty desktop or even hazel's thread.

I just thought is was funny how you used (what I thought) was one of the BBC's shots.

haven't heard that expression before - talking sideways - is that a UK or US colloquism?

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

It is Christina's World, by Andrew Wyeth, an oddly affective work.

The woman crawling through the tawny grass was the artist's neighbor in Maine, who, crippled by polio, "was limited physically but by no means spiritually." Wyeth further explained, "The challenge to me was to do justice to her extraordinary conquest of a life which most people would consider hopeless." He recorded the arid landscape, rural house, and shacks with great detail, painting minute blades of grass, individual strands of hair, and nuances of light and shadow. In this style of painting, known as magic realism, everyday scenes are imbued with poetic mystery.

Just thought I'd mention that in case anyone was wondering ... like me for instance. :lol:

haven't heard that expression before - talking sideways - is that a UK or US colloquism?

I'm not sure at all. Probably USA. I always understood it to mean something like an indirect reproach or insult, delivered in such a way that it defys a straightforward response. Sorta sneaky. Best way to deal with it is a direct response, imho.

Dennis, the longer I look at at that Wyeth painting, the more it affects me. The girl seems at once to be striving but serene. She seems at first to be young and vibrant, probably pretty, but when you look closely at details like hands and feet, the thin arms, then you start to wonder. Is she in difficulty . . . is she frail. . .why is she out in that field . . .what is it about the scene that gives such a sense of aloneness . . . etc.

That explanation you kindly posted answers many of the questions the picture creates, and the genius of Wyeth was to nudge our minds in that direction with dabs of paint. How did he do that? :) I am sure not very knowledgeable about art, but that one sort of grabbed me.

I have only seen reproductions on larger canvases, but when you see it bigger, it is even more evocative.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

I wasn't 'talking sideways' ...

When I was at school and the teacher was writing on the blackboard,

the only sounds were the squeak of chalk on the backboard,

and the occasional mutter of one child to the next - closely followed by the clunk of a solid wood blackboard eraser hitting the culprits head.

Talking from the side of the mouth was the only hope for avoiding detection and a fast moving projectile.

• Moderators

@Login

I thought at first she may be looking for Heathcliffe, but then I thought a wee bit research would be wise. Turns out that was a good decision. :)

@ Alan

We had a Latin teacher used to do that. He'd be locked up and the key thrown away if he did it now.

If it hadn't been for the many lumps on the head, I'm sure I would now be a fluent Latin speaker. And very useful that would have been too.

• Moderators

@login123

There are days when I could look at that picture and imagine that is me when I am tired dragging myself to the Piriform factory (the building on the left) :)

I think we know who may be in the big house, although we can't be too sure as they don't often venture out.

The erasers at our school were not wood but were hard felt (no pun intended). Much easier on the hapless target, surely.

Hazel, one might say the Piriform Factory is out standing in its field, eh? < < Sorrry, please don't throw that eraser. :P

Mr Brownstone usually posts some very interesting desktops. Hasn't been around for a while. Busy, probably.