My Worst problem with ccleaner

MttFrog13

I would like to use a good registry cleaner, and i think this is the best but in the issues panel, the registry cleaner detects and deletes something very important. When i use ccleaner, it does something to make my computer unable to install prgrams that involve inserting one or more cd's. I have had this happen on multiple occasions where i would have to insert my backup back into my registry. What happens is the program prompts me for the second cd and then will not proceed with the installation. I know this is because of ccleaner, because this has happened with multiple programs and occasions. Does anyone know what issue i should unselect to stop this?

Edit: i kno this isnt exactly a bug, but just a wrong detection, so i wasnt sure where to put it.

Did you back up your registry issues before deleting them, like CCleaner prompts you to? If so, simply double-click the backup file and restore the issues that CCleaner removed. If this solves your problem, then CCleaner is to blame. If not, you'll have to look elsewhere for your problem.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

I wrote this in my last post: "I have had this happen on multiple occasions where i would have to insert my backup back into my registry."

I have to insert my backup in to get it to work again so i know its ccleaner, and this has happened on more than one occasions with more than one program and it always works when i put my backup back into my registry.

I wrote this in my last post: "I have had this happen on multiple occasions where i would have to insert my backup back into my registry."

Oh, sorry about that! Didn't see that part.

That is odd. My suggestion would be to open up CCleaner and click on Issues, and uncheck "Installer" from the Registry Integrity list. Run the Issues scan again; I should mention before you run the scan to restore the items deleted from the previous scan which goofed up the installer. Then, try installing an app again and see if you run into the same problem.

If you do, try unchecking other related issues, such as "Applications" or "Missing Shared DLLs", until you find the culprit. Then you can post which item it was that caused this problem so that MrG knows about it.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!