Skip UAC Invalid Parameter on Windows 8 Pro x64

Sinderan

• Moderators

post 17 has MrT 'looking into it', that's all any member (even moderators) know.

yes, February is a while ago, but all you can do is wait for the next release and see if it's there.

like any bug resolution system, they would get prioritised and released accordingly. :rolleyes:

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• 5 months later...

I have the same problem. I have a desktop and a laptop (both with Windows 8 Pro 64-bit), but I have only just installed Windows 8 on the laptop (from a totally clean install). Both have CCleaner 3.27.1900 installed, and although CCleaner works fine on the desktop, it doesn’t on the laptop.

After installing CCleaner on the laptop, the UAC prompt comes up every time I open the program. Then when I go to Options > Advanced > Skip User Account Control Warning, the tick box is unchecked. If I try to tick it, an error message comes up saying ‘The task XML contains a value which is incorrectly formatted or out of range’.

On the desktop there’s an entry in Task Scheduler for CCleanerSkipUAC, but on the laptop there isn’t.

Screenshot attached:

Untitled1.jpg

I have the same problem but when I try to check the "Skip User Account Control warning" I get a  "The parameter is incorrect" message.